Used Tiller Pricing

/ Used Tiller Pricing #11  
I just paid 900.00 for a used Woods 60" tiller which looked almost new. Sounds high to me. I would keep looking.

/ Used Tiller Pricing #12  
All tillers are not created equal. Check out the construction and weight. Heavier is usually better. Gear drive over chain drive. Also check out the number of times per flange - 6 is better than 4 - cuts smoother. Also check out how many flanges. For 60 inch wide you will want at least 8. I picked up a Ansung (Terra Force) YJR062 for $1700 in near new condition. One sweet tiller. I may have paid top dollar, but new is running $2500 locally. Check out the new pricing here McGee Farm Equipment, Inc. - some of the best prices I have seen anywhere. I might have bought new, but shipping to me added up to more than I wanted

/ Used Tiller Pricing #13  
I bought a new 5ft. King Cutter 3pt hook up 540 pto about 6 or 7 years ago for 999.. I wouldn t think they would be much more than that now.. course I haven t seen many used one round these parts, I do hit the blades with my grinder at the start of garden season.. early Feb.. slow with lots of water on them,, Lou

/ Used Tiller Pricing #14  
I agree with the king kutter from TSC i think they are around $1500. I think it will out last me. I till about 2 acres with it 4-5 times years, no problems yet except that stupid little chain on the back gate and paint.

/ Used Tiller Pricing
I bought a new 5ft. King Cutter 3pt hook up 540 pto about 6 or 7 years ago for 999.. I wouldn t think they would be much more than that now.. course I haven t seen many used one round these parts, I do hit the blades with my grinder at the start of garden season.. early Feb.. slow with lots of water on them,, Lou

Lou,

that unit at TSC is 1699.00 now... Seems to be one of the better deals around.

/ Used Tiller Pricing
I agree with the king kutter from TSC i think they are around $1500. I think it will out last me. I till about 2 acres with it 4-5 times years, no problems yet except that stupid little chain on the back gate and paint.

Thanks,
This is good info to have. My plan is to walk in in January and see if the store manager wants to do a special deal. sticker is 1699.00, I'm thinking 1499.00.
Too much? too little?

Regards,
Chris

/ Used Tiller Pricing #17  
cmhyland said:
Thanks,
This is good info to have. My plan is to walk in in January and see if the store manager wants to do a special deal. sticker is 1699.00, I'm thinking 1499.00.
Too much? too little?

Regards,
Chris

i read somewhere on here that manager at tsc will definitely take 10% off and also some guys are finding coupons as well. Good luck.

/ Used Tiller Pricing #18  
i bought a kk hd 8 foot rear 3pt blade its was sitting a few years it had rust on it they wanted 800 for it i got it for 450.00 so look for a unit with rust on it it will clean right off the 1 st time you use it if its low enough on the unit best of luck to you

/ Used Tiller Pricing #19  
I just upgraded to a used Ansung Terra Force YJR074 tiller (74 inches wide)- the unit is outstanding and well made. While I did not by from them McGee Farm Equipment has some great pricing on them and other brands.

/ Used Tiller Pricing #20  
The RTR1558 is a reverse tine tiller, so It makes sense that this would be more expensive used. Also the one in the ad seems to have little use. That said I think the asking is still too much.

Regards,
Chris

And there is something to be said for the quality of the LP units and the reverse tilling sure does a real good job and leave a real nice finished job. I have one and I have no regrets about that it was a little pricier than the farm and home units. Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Of course, how much it had been used, and under what conditions factors into a resale value.