Used Tractor Purchase Checklist

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist #1  

MNnAR

Tractor
New Holland TC-30, 4x4, Hydro
A few months back while browsing through the "buying advice" discussion forum I came across a real good checklist that someone had posted which provided a detailed list of things to look at/check-out when purchasing a used tractor. Unfortunately, after an exhaustive search last night I haven't been able to find it again. Does anyone recall the checklist I'm talking about, or better yet, can they provide me a thread to it?

I'm looking at a "very used" Kubota L2900 with a LA480 FEL. I say "very used" because appearance wise it looks like its been worked hard and only in fair condition. Amazingly though, it has only 850 hours on it. I'm unable to find out any history on the tractor because it is being sold by a third party used equipment dealer who bought it as a trade-in from another dealer. However I'm told that the tractor has been serviced and checked-out and that mechanically it's in good shape. Accordingly, before negotiating any purchase, I want to check it out for myself.

If anyone knows of such a checklist for buying a used tractor or can provide one I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks for the help.

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist #2  
Hopefully this isn't too late...
Are you still looking for a checklist? I can email it to you.

Dave

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist #4  
Welcome back... If you need another local to give it the once over, I'm game. Good to have another TBNer in the neighborhood...

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist
Many thanks to all of you. I'm no longer in need of a used tractor checklist but appreciate the assistance from all of you. After many hours of reading TBN threads and doing some serious shopping, I ended up buying a new tractor about a month ago. Just couldn't find anything used that I was totally satisfied with. Thanks again.

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist #6  
Well, what did you buy? We would like to know.

Murph

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist
Murph - I ended up buying a NH TC-30, 4x4 hydro with a 7308 loader and heavy duty bucket. I also bought a Bush Hog SQ600 Rotary Cutter and Woods HM65 Box Blade. Thus far, I have about 12 hours on the tractor and have enjoyed every minute of seat time. It has performed marvelously - of course I'm still getting used to it and haven't yet tasked it to its maximum capability. I'm more convinced every day that it's just the right tractor in terms of size, horsepower, weight, etc to do what I need to get done. I have absolutely no regrets whatsoever about purchasing this tractor. It's really a fine machine!

/ Used Tractor Purchase Checklist #8  
My JD is green with envy...... wait, it's green all the time... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Welcome to tractor ownership! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif