Using A 3rd Function Valve To Add a Rear Remote On An L6060

/ Using A 3rd Function Valve To Add a Rear Remote On An L6060 #1  

bdhsfz6

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota MX5800 HST & L6060 HSTC Formerly L6060 HST B7100 HST, L2550, L3010 HST, L3430 HST
This is nothing new. Like many others, I've been using my 3rd function valve as a rear remote for some time. I have a T&T kit and 3 rear remotes on my L6060. The T&T uses two leaving one spare. I have several implements which require two hydraulic ports leaving me one short. A diverter valve would be too inconvenient so I ran a couple of hydraulic hoses from the 3rd function valve to the rear of the tractor.

This simple scheme worked well until a couple of weeks ago when my offset flail mower came loose from the 3pt hitch. It pulled hard on the hoses and would have caused damage to the 3rd function valve plumbing if I hadn't stopped the tractor in time.

As a safety precaution, I added an OEM breakaway coupler housing to the existing stack of three. I put a set of QR couplers on the hose ends so they could be easily removed when not needed.

P1070566a.jpg P1070567a.jpg P1070570a.jpg P1070572a.jpg

At some point, I may run the hoses under the tractor in a more permanent way but they are used so infrequently, it may not be worth the effort.

/ Using A 3rd Function Valve To Add a Rear Remote On An L6060 #2  
That's a clean way to handle your situation. Without knowing what function(s) you use the 3rd function for on rear implements, it is hard to see why running hoses back to the rear is better than a diverter valve, but I imagine you have your reasons.