using a cat 2 box scraper with a cat 1 hitch

/ using a cat 2 box scraper with a cat 1 hitch #11  
Use pins designed for Cat I on the scraper. Then buy Cat I to Cat II bushings to use on either side of the Cat I 3pt holes on the lift arm over the rest of the pin. I have done it that way and worked fine. You could weld the bushings in the Cat II holes on the scraper but if you ever decide to resale or later use Cat II 3pt, the bushings may have to be removed or drilled out. It may require 1-2 bushings on each side of the lift arms to completely cover the pins.

Category 2 to 1 Lift Arm Bushing - 0268454 | Tractor Supply Company

This is by far the easiest and best solution, been doing this for years on implements.

/ using a cat 2 box scraper with a cat 1 hitch
Since making a couple of bushings 2 fit a one to two would be easier than changing out the balls on the lift arms, I think that is the right path. You could weld them in, but if they are cut to the right length, why bother?
David from jax
I ended up welding the bushings in the holes. The shims were too long, and there was a lot of play. It worked great, and because of the extra material from the bushings, it made the space between the walls of the pin box, and the ball hitch a little tighter, and therefor more stable, (less lateral movement.)

/ using a cat 2 box scraper with a cat 1 hitch
This is by far the easiest and best solution, been doing this for years on implements.

I did use these for my bushings. I had to weld them in though, because the size of clevis box on the scraper, and the size of the pins made it impossible to get the pins, to line up with both sides of the clevis box. I just sand blasted the zinc coating off the bushings, and welded them in.

/ using a cat 2 box scraper with a cat 1 hitch #14  
Sounds fine should work nice for you. :)