using a pressure guage as a scale.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale.
We are over thinking this. All I want to know is what pressures I can expect lifting one ton bag of fertilizer. I was using 1 sq inch as an example of having two cylinders does it kind of double the lifting power. using your 4 sq inch. 2000lbs / 4 =500PSI ?divide that by 2 and it will only take 250 psi to lift 2000 lbs. it just doesn't seem like my thinking is right. Seems to me That's not what I'm going to see. What gauge do I need. The less would be more accurate for reading. Thanks

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #22  
But what's the max pressure? that's what I'm trying to find out. If I have two cylinders each with one sq inch total 2 sq inches. I should be able to pick that up with 1000 psi. Am I think right?

Well, you don't. If you have puny 2" cylinders, each one will have 3.14 square inches, giving you 6.28 square inches for the pair.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #23  
What's the max pressure of your system and the rated capacity of the loaders?

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #24  
We aren't over thinking anything. You are by trying to bring math into the equation which you don't understand. (And attempts to explain only seem to confuse you).

And why are you referring to the number of cylinders? And doubling them doubles the capacity??? Forget all that. You have a modern loader, it has two cylinders. Forget everything else. Forget how many square inches each is.

You want to know what pressure is required to lift a ton.....simple. put a gauge on the system, and lift a ton. Now you know.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #25  
You want to know what pressure is required to lift a ton.....simple. put a gauge on the system, and lift a ton. Now you know.
Which is only a useful number if you're lifting the next ton with exactly the same weight distribution, but we've already been through that.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #26  
As I mentioned earlier in an EDIT.

I am quite certain that a gauge with suitable working pressure will not give you the required resolution to see the addition of a feed bag. Maybe a load of aggregate.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #27  
Yes it will. There is no leverage over the cylinder (lift cylinder that is) by moving the load further forward.

Tilt cylinders are a different story. Further out or higher up and their capacity is reduced

That's what I thought. Not that it actually matters. The hydraulics on a forklift are way stronger than what the machine can handle. It tips forward long before the hydraulics give up. Moving the load forward significantly decreases the tipping load.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #28  
If you chart 4 points you will be accurate, 5 very accurate, use French curve to connect dots or Excel

/ using a pressure guage as a scale. #29  
If you chart 4 points you will be accurate, 5 very accurate, use French curve to connect dots or Excel

Only on the height of the loader. You've still got the distance from the pins to contend with and the distribution of the load.

/ using a pressure guage as a scale.
If I had a gauge I'd put it on but I don't. So what I was assuming someone out there did this already and would know what psi gauge works best. As the smaller ones would give me an easy read I didn't want to buy a 5000 psi and find out the reading is only hundreds and not thousands. I guess I can't get my idea across to you all. I'm done. Thanks for your time.