Using a Telehandler ?

/ Using a Telehandler ? #1  

rdl

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740
I wanted to get some people's opinion on using a telehandler for baling, like this Manitou.

Cotech

Cheers cbc100.jpg

/ Using a Telehandler ? #3  
Gotta bale an awful lot of hay to pay for such a single purpose machine. I'm sure there are other uses - I've seen them with buckets and regular forks. I would think a regular loader would do the same job and you'd have the tractor to use for other chores.

/ Using a Telehandler ? #4  
   / Using a Telehandler ? #5  
It does beg the question though. He asked about using it for baling. Can you use a telehandler for baling? I mean, it looks awesome for moving bales, but I don't see how you could make them. If you need one tool for baling hay, the telehandler would not be the one for the job. That said, I'd love to own one.

/ Using a Telehandler ? #6  
It does beg the question though. He asked about using it for baling. Can you use a telehandler for baling? I mean, it looks awesome for moving bales, but I don't see how you could make them. If you need one tool for baling hay, the telehandler would not be the one for the job. That said, I'd love to own one.
Yes it will run a baler.
0_506ea051a6.jpg
A new telehandler producer | News | Vertikal.net

Picture9 (Small).png
Another one: Features

Llandini.jpg
http://www.farmersguardian.com/from...andini-powerlift-is-a-mixed-bag/16717.article

/ Using a Telehandler ? #7  
There are only a few with pto and 3 point hitch. Prices unbelievably high in north america.

/ Using a Telehandler ? #8  
We run them at my workplace (construction). They are great for moving things. They will not stand up to rigorous bucket work, too much leverage on the arm. I am sure some will dispute this but I have seen a lot of machines damaged. I think they would be painful to bale with, the visibility sucks backwards, would be impossible to see what's happening back there. All that being said they would be a dream for moving bales. Can load a truck from either side, can stack as high as you want, maneuverable, powerful. High initial cost and high maintenance but very efficient.

/ Using a Telehandler ? #9  
We run them at my workplace (construction). They are great for moving things. They will not stand up to rigorous bucket work, too much leverage on the arm. I am sure some will dispute this but I have seen a lot of machines damaged.
That is true for the full size telehandler, but the ones with a low mount boom are designed for bucket work.

P1010027.JPG PB110005.JPG MF 8925.jpg

This is the one that I currently have, the bucket is 6' wide, 1 cubic yard.

P3180020.JPG P3200015.JPG P3200021.JPG P4230002.JPG

I think they would be painful to bale with, the visibility sucks backwards, would be impossible to see what's happening back there. All that being said they would be a dream for moving bales. Can load a truck from either side, can stack as high as you want, maneuverable, powerful. High initial cost and high maintenance but very efficient.
I added a camera and 7" monitor to see what I just backed into! :laughing:

P9020014.JPG PA090035.JPG PA090036.JPG PA090038.JPG

Makes it easy to hook up the trailer.

P6250002.JPG P6250006.JPG

I think you can "see what's happening back there", with the ones with a PTO and 3 point hitch. :D

Llandini.jpg

/ Using a Telehandler ? #10  
Mine does a lot more than stack hay bales. I bought my JD 3400 5 years ago. Used it to build my new house on a Mt. Top. Heavy landscaping, built my driveway up the Mt. ( 1500 ft). and most of all snow pushing. I have a 2 1/2 yard bucket, tilting forks attachment, 10ft. wide pusher. Nothing else out there can push snow and then pick it up and extend boom 15 feet or more and dump . Yes, its expensive to repair , not all parts are still being made , and I broke the bucket carrier arm several times digging dirt,rocks,sand ,etc.....but we finally came up with a reinforcement that holds up, no problems in the last 3 years. I am now having trans problems now , but thats another problem !