Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground?

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #21  
I have three kubotas, the two with laoder tires have a tube like welded around the valve stem but the one with ag tires does not, IF my memory is correct on it.

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #22  
Make 2 jack frames to fit your hitch and axle. Leave one at each workplace.

Bruce

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #23  
Make 2 jack frames to fit your hitch and axle. Leave one at each workplace.

Bruce

Cool. I have a frame like that came with the farm. Never could figure out what it went too.

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #24  
I use the FEL to lift the tractor front end. That and a pair of jack stands. If work ever has to be done on the rear tires - I will call Les Schwab. The rear tires are big and very heavy. Filled with RimGuard - they weigh over 1K# each.

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #25  
Cool. I have a frame like that came with the farm. Never could figure out what it went too.

I think Ferguson also had loader front end loader that operated by the movement of the lift arms using no additional hydraulic cylinders.

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #26  
Any hydraulic cylinder can be used as a jack.
They will have considerable lifting power depending on your tractor hydraulics.
A small 2" cylinder with a 1" rod on a tractor with 2000 psi hydraulics will;
lift or push 6283 pounds, and pull 4712 pounds,
jump that same cylinder up to 2500 psi and push 7854 pounds, or pull 5890 pounds,
go up to a 3" cylinder at 2000 psi and push 14137 pounds, and pull 12566 pounds,
if the 3" cylinder had a 1.25 shaft the push is still 14137 pounds the pull drops to 11683 pounds.

This web page has a handy calculator for cylinders;
Hydraulic Cylinder Calculator

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #27  
Working near shop on hard packed driveway or concrete is hazardous enough with rear tractor tires. Add worksite ground conditions plenty to go wrong. If you are going to work on heavy equipment in the field a collection of wood blocks and boards are a must. They are some of my most valued tools that keep me safe. Stored in a special place in the shop.
That outside valve stem replacement tool idea might work. Had not seen that before.

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #29  
I don't believe that system will work with the air/liquid valve stems usually used on tractors;
Air Liquid Valves Archives - BlackJack Tire Supplies, Inc.
Most tractor rims for R-1 tires have a 0.625 inch rim hole (5/8")

I don't recall if the original poster said what size the rim hole was.

/ Using tractor hydraulics to lift rear off ground? #30  
I don't believe that system will work with the air/liquid valve stems usually used on tractors;
Air Liquid Valves Archives - BlackJack Tire Supplies, Inc.
Most tractor rims for R-1 tires have a 0.625 inch rim hole (5/8")

I don't recall if the original poster said what size the rim hole was.

You are right. They do make other sizes. I didn’t know anything like this was available. These appear to be more substantial than rubber valve stems. Have no experience with the product.

The tubeless tires on the rear of my B26 and past B20 are filled with methanol/water. Could plug holes with truck string/plugs which was handy around an old farm.

Larger tractors had tubes with calcium chloride, glycol or methanol and required trips to tire shop.

Had a log splitter tire the valve stem was bad. Spent a day trying to break the bead to replace. I would have tried one of these repair stems.