utility vehicle

/ utility vehicle #21  
Perhaps theres some truth to that Bird, since it was not my Mule, I was a bit more reluctant to get to aggresive with it. Where they live, the rocks are a bigger problem then anything. There are times you simply could not go for fear of destroying everything underneath. When in 4WD, low and all wheels locked in I found little difference in the tractive effort over regular 4WD. Once stuck, we would still be stuck. Getting out and pushing was always a solution as these machines are relatively light. Ditches can always pose a problem for many vehicles. It is one area where I see 4WD being a bonus. Fortunately out on their 1200 acres, there really are no ditches to speak off and where they do exist like along the driveway, they are easily avoidable. Yeah, we stand on the top roll bar all the time with chain saws dangling, shh, don't tell OSHA. I forgot that the air intake is on top and in the back portion of the roll bar. A great idea I think. Rat...

/ utility vehicle #22  
Something that hasn't been mentioned about the Polaris; It is wider than a Mule. Three people can ride up front. The Mule only has room for two. It is also much more powerfull with 30
hp versus 18 for the mule. I wouldn't buy without test driving each brand first.

/ utility vehicle #23  
I just read on deere's website that they are in a partnership with bombardier to build a new line of utility vehicles. It wasn't said wether this would replace the gator or be a ranger clone or what but maybe you can wait long enough to see.

/ utility vehicle #24  
Lets throw another twist into this discussion--Kubota will be introducing a diesel, 4WD utility vehicle this fall. Don't know what your time frame is, but I figured it would get some folks to thinking!!

/ utility vehicle #25  
I would suggest you be sure to try all three before buying. I have the Gator 4x2, and am amazed at the terrain that this gator will traverse. I have a neighbor who bought the mule, as he felt like catering to the business in his home town, but after buying, he did not like the lack of power (not sure the gator would have satisfied him either), but he ended up sending the final Mule back (they replaced the first one twice thinking that he had a lemon or something). I don't know what he has now (I think he needs to get a CUT to do the things he wants to do, except going so fast). I like the stability of the Gator, and the comfort knowing the grand kids can operate it without fear that it will go too fast (but fast enough) and they always drive with an adult riding shotgun. The riding comfort is great. Different from the Mule for sure. The Gator doesn't have individual suspension on each wheel, a problem if loaded and on a hillside, where the suspension folds and tips the load over.
When going to the Deere dealer, the number of farm Gators that are there for service looking like they have submarined through the barnyard, yet continue to run and be used a lot for farmwork, is pretty impressive evidence that they are tough. Some are even the old Gators that had a single front wheel for steering. All of them now have two wheels in front for better steering. But those old ones still continue to run and run.
You pick what you want, for sure, but I'll vote for Gator. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ utility vehicle #26  
Sorry I will keep that in mind on future posts

/ utility vehicle #27  
I took a look at most of the comparable 4x6's before deciding on the Cub Cadet Big Country. It is 20 HP V twin Honda powered. Has 6 wheel independent suspension and an 1100 # payload with electric lift. There is a differential lock lever. I have pulled a 3000# boat up a hill with no problems. You can learn more about it at http://www.cubcadet.com.I use mine to move materials/ tools around plus joy ride. The ride is very quiet and smooth, and I have yet to get it stuck, even in the swamp.Andy

Attachments

• 46-230758-CubBigCountry.jpg
    46-230758-CubBigCountry.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 90