UTV or Utility vehicle registration?

/ UTV or Utility vehicle registration? #11  
That item # 1 (5) would be perfect for me although you would still have to get the county to hand out the permit.

That is one of the problems, in my county they don't issue any permits, but in the ones where I deer hunt they do, it is a patchwork.

We have three farms and one small piece of land, so any direction I need to go I can use it for agricultural purposes. That is what I usually use them for, but I have gone sight seeing a coupe of times too.:ashamed:

/ UTV or Utility vehicle registration? #12  
I am pretty sure you need to register all ATV type vehicles in Mn and it sounds like your is a class 1 ATV because of the weight, and you also cannot drive it on the side of the county or gravel roads in MN, also you can't ride in the ditch between April 1 and Aug 1 in the southern half of the state.not many places to ride a class 1 this time of year unless you are on private property or state trails.

I have attached the complete off highway regulation link below.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/ohv/ohv_regs.pdf

/ UTV or Utility vehicle registration? #13  
I think the fact that the two officers couldn't answer the question reasonably then they mostly likely will give you a warning, if they even bother with you at all. A SMV sign in farm country also helps.

/ UTV or Utility vehicle registration?
I am pretty sure you need to register all ATV type vehicles in Mn and it sounds like your is a class 1 ATV because of the weight, and you also cannot drive it on the side of the county or gravel roads in MN, also you can't ride in the ditch between April 1 and Aug 1 in the southern half of the state.not many places to ride a class 1 this time of year unless you are on private property or state trails.

I have attached the complete off highway regulation link below.

http://files.dnr.state.mn.us/rlp/regulations/ohv/ohv_regs.pdf

Thats the book I've got. I'm north of the ag zone.

It seems that there is a spectrum of machines ranging from electric golf carts to those side by sides on the TV ads. I looked around at some of the "conventional?" utility brands (Husqvarna, Club Car, IH). The dealers were telling me I could ride them on the shoulders.

The MN law states that new ATV's must be registered at the retailer. None of the dealers were setup for that.