Value and History of Deere 2155

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #1  

GSSFC

I am looking at possibly buying a John Deere 2155 with 541 loader.

The serial number is L02155F669809.

It has 7677 hours on it. It looks in really good shape despite the high hours. There do not appear to be any welds/cracks/repairs anywhere on the machine. I spent about an hour alone looking at it, so I could really look closely.

There is a little mickey mouse wiring for some aux. lights and a block heater but everything else looks original, nothing modified or hacked.

It comes with a quick attach bucket 66" wide.

Overall it looks well used, but still in good shape. I have a small piece of property and I generally use a tractor for hauling logs for firewood, maintaining and plowing the driveways. And lifting 55 gallon drums on pallets for my business. I probably would average 3-5 hours a week year round.

What do you think a fair price would be? He was asking $15K, dropped to $12.5K and open to offers.

Thanks, Tim

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #2  
Tim, I often just look for comparables available on line to fix values. You do have to remember that they are just selling them too when looking the prices and often will take a lower offer.

You didn't state as two or four wheel drive and that would make a difference of it's value.

/ Value and History of Deere 2155
Hi Art,

Thanks for the response.

It is 4x4.

I cannot find any comps online for this model, and not sure what is a close comp??

I believe he will take less, and the price does seem fair. I just like to know ballpark how this pricing is.

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #4  
A lot of hours for $12,000+

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #6  
HTML:
http://www.machinefinder.com

Is also really good, esp for JD equipment since Deere runs the sight a lot of dealers use it. Probably wont find a lot of 4wd machines to compare to mostly 2wd. For new comparison the current version is the 5055e. However new tractors are open center hyd this one is closed center. You should also find out the transmission and pto options the tractor has. There where synchro and non synchro trans, also w/ or w/ out reverser, ind or continuous pto, also if trans had a hi-lo. There where also 2 diff hyd pumps for 9gpm or 18gpm. If 4wd most likely has the larger pump.

/ Value and History of Deere 2155
A lot of hours for $12,000+

How do I interpret that? Should I be weary of a machine with over 7000+ hours? What do you consider a fair price would be? I'm not buying a machine to sell and make a profit, whatever I buy I will be keep and using for years.

As to tractorhouse.com I can only find two that have 4x4 and both have around 4000 hours and want about $17K for them...

How do I find out the year of tractor I am looking to buy based on the serial number?

Thanks, Tim

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #8  
How do I find out the year of tractor I am looking to buy based on the serial number?

Thanks, Tim

You will have to give it to a dealer...they can tell you a lot of info from the S/N.

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #9  
the F in the s/n designates trans type as TSS w/ mfwd (synchro). looks like should be approx a 1989 vintage unit.

/ Value and History of Deere 2155 #10  
How do I interpret that? Should I be weary of a machine with over 7000+ hours? What do you consider a fair price would be? I'm not buying a machine to sell and make a profit, whatever I buy I will be keep and using for years.

As to tractorhouse.com I can only find two that have 4x4 and both have around 4000 hours and want about $17K for them...

Thanks, Tim

I would put it like this.

7000+ hours on a loader tractor is like being 90+ years old in human years.