valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #11  
Thank you for the compliment John.

You know it makes me wonder why on
earth they did not stuff the Kohler Lombardini
in that thing anyway for sure as they have the power.

Have you dared do the meet and greet thing with the new mule
and the old ones yet John? I hope the fuel can and funnel did
not end up being stomped on in a fit of jealousy ?:)l

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #12  
Your Kubota dealer's service department should be able to give you the clearance for the valves. If not check with other dealers.

A workshop manual is a must if he wants to do his own maintenance. $60-$80

I can describe how, but sounds like he might already knows. All 4-stroke valve adjustments are essentially done the same way.

Good Luck!

This should have been posted in the ATV section. More viewers familiar with these in that section. Most ATV/UTV guys will miss this one.

ATVs & Utility Vehicles - TractorByNet.com

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #13  
Thank you for the compliment John.

You know it makes me wonder why on
earth they did not stuff the Kohler Lombardini
in that thing anyway for sure as they have the power.

Have you dared do the meet and greet thing with the new mule
and the old ones yet John? I hope the fuel can and funnel did
not end up being stomped on in a fit of jealousy ?:)l

Don't know what your talking about, must be thinking about someone else. I have a RTV1140.

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #14  
Well if he is thinking in the ATV realm of things, most ATV makers require a valve adjustment in the first 10-25 hours of service. Since the 500 has an industrial engine it probably does not need it but my friends in the lawn mower shops do say some of the overhead valve lawn mower or industrial engines do need adjustments from time to time. Is the engine in the 500 a rebadged Kohler or Kawasaki??

David Kb7uns

There was nothing in my RTV500 manual indicating an early valve adjustment. The machine and manual are long gone though.

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #15  
Don't know what your talking about, must be thinking about someone else. I have a RTV1140.

when we chatted last-you said that you had to move the retaining wall to make more room for the new kubota and that you would probably let them sniff each other eventually; and I mentioned that you should have the water hose handy just in case they start pushing and shoving.:)

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #16  
when we chatted last-you said that you had to move the retaining wall to make more room for the new kubota and that you would probably let them sniff each other eventually; and I mentioned that you should have the water hose handy just in case they start pushing and shoving.:)
Now I'm up to speed. I'm getting like my Mom said "She could remember 40 years ago but not last week".

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #17  
Have you had to call the Kubota veterinarian or is there peace in the barn?:laughing:

No harm done john, the human brain remembers the repeated short term memories which become

our long term memories.

Stay warm John, Ken tells me its cold down yonder.

/ valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #18  
Have you had to call the Kubota veterinarian or is there peace in the barn?:laughing:

No harm done john, the human brain remembers the repeated short term memories which become

our long term memories.

Stay warm John, Ken tells me its cold down yonder.
Has been unusually cold early but heat wave in the low 40's this week. Glad to see it.
Still keeping the RTV1140 away from the F2880 and BX25 who house together.

Last edited:
   / valve adjustments for Kubota 500 RTV #19  
Hello John;

no worries as they will eventually become stablemates with the usual pecking order, but i would still keep the Hose handy when its warmer out:laughing::thumbsup:

Stay warm Johnthomas