valve steam holes

/ valve steam holes #1  

bky

Gold Member
Tractor
l245dt
Hello I am need have help I have a Kubota l245dt with ag tires (r1's).
The old rims were eaten out by calcium. and I had them repaired but silly me I forgot to measure where the valve steam holes were at so I have the rims back and I just finished painting them and now I need to figure out where the hole goes in the rim .
I have attached a couple pictures of the repaired rims. And in the picture I am not sure if its1, 2 or 3.

So any help would be great thank you Bill.

Attachments

• 668237-S1_painted1.JPG
    668237-S1_painted1.JPG
    18.8 KB · Views: 522
   / valve steam holes #2  
I think the valve stem hole would normally be in #2. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ valve steam holes #3  
I agree......#2. Look at the location of the Valve Stem on the front rims...... Should give you a real good idea. Be sure the hole is big enough for the base of the valve stem.

Ronald

/ valve steam holes #4  
#2, I believe. But, why not put a tube in and see where it fits best. Pretty sure #2 will be it.

/ valve steam holes #5  
bky,
I agree with the others. #2. The hole furthest outside looks like it will be very vulnerable to brush etc. The hole inside looks too deep. Is the tire tubeless? If so, it may not really matter, pretty much personal preference. If there's a tube, it may depend on the orientation of the tube once it's set in place.

/ valve steam holes #6  
I agree: it's # 2. For most tractor valve stems a 5/8" hole is perfect for the rear tires. Some farmers just weld a 5/8" flat washer onto a rusted out stem hole for a quick fix.

/ valve steam holes
well I want to thank you all I used hole #2 and it worked out great and gene thank you about the 5/8 hole it was right on the money. It was an answer to a question I had but forgot to ask. So thank you for reading my mind /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif .
I will post pictures of the finished wheels (it was dark when I got done).

/ valve steam holes
Here is picture of the finished product.
Now i need to find the topic on what to fill tires with most weight for the buck.
antifreeze, washer fluid or somthing else.
any suggestions?

Attachments

• 673641-S_new tire.JPG
    673641-S_new tire.JPG
    13.6 KB · Views: 235
   / valve steam holes #9  
Looks Good !!! I would recommend Antifreeze with a 50/50 Mix.

Ronald

/ valve steam holes #10  
guess that I am coming to this party a little late, but if they are tubeless tires, you should use metal stems that bolt into the rim. Less likely to get torn out or damaged. Most vehicles that use high performance wheels and tires use them exclusively. The valve stem in my opinion is the weak link on a tractor tire. If it gets snagged, and damaged, all the air will leak out quickly.