Valve stem "got me"

/ Valve stem "got me" #11  
Re: Valve stem \"got me\"

Not sure the outside width of a reversed wheeled PT or the inside width of a pickup truck bed but if the PT, when centered, was riding with just a few inches on the outside of each tire then it seems loading slightly off center should keep one of the tires on the bed and the other more solid on the wheel well. (If it can articulate that much... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif)

Could also ramp the entire width of the bed at the wheel wells if you really needed to... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Valve stem "got me" #12  
Re: Valve stem \"got me\"

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( If it climbed over the wheel wells, just the outer few inches of each tire would be supporting the load, which is exactly what we want to avoid with the wheels reversed. This is the exact condition that would put max stress on the wheel motors. )</font>

<font color="red"> Whoa!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I don't know of anyone with reversed wheels on their PT who has experienced any wheel motor problems due to having the wheels reversed!! Do you!!
Certainly not from occasionally climbing in and out of a truck bed!!

It's like: "To prevent possible drowning, I refuse to take a bath!!"! Way overboard caution!!

The only long term study I know of on the effects of reversed wheels is being conducted by FOURTEEN, whose PT-425 has had no ill effects after over 200 hours of high stress operation with reversed wheels!!

PS: The overall width of a PT-425 with reversed wheels is 52". </font>