Valve to control hydraulic motor

/ Valve to control hydraulic motor #11  
Would I need one of those in each line (two lines per motor)? That would mean four of those little suckers if I only used two pumps.
You would need one on each valve, two to cover both sides. It makes it so that the pressure in either line doesn't pass whatever your relief pressure is set to.
They can be added after you put in the valve if it stops too abruptly.

Aaron Z

/ Valve to control hydraulic motor
Alright, so I have been thinking. I could buy one of these pumps:
Surplus Center - 1.10 cu in WHITE HYD PISTON PUMP 101018000012
Surplus Center - 0.62 cu in WHITE HYD PISTON PUMP 101010000025
They are variable displacement pumps, so I could get my nice smooth operation. However, the variable displacement essentially has a valve installed on the pump, right? Are these designed to be used with just one motor? So I would need two?
If this is true, does anyone have any brilliant ideas on how to couple both of them with the motor?
Also, I still need all of my auxilary hydraulics (lift, tilt, aux. flow) Do I just include another pump to run everything? Its getting kind of crazy! Maybe I am totally of track and missing something though.
Thanks for all of your help

/ Valve to control hydraulic motor #13  
Each pump has it's own control for fwd and rev.

Each pump puts out GPM's , from 0 to XX GPM's. GPM's = hyd motor rpm, which = ground speed.

You can run one hyd motor or two, and if yuo run two, they can be connected in series or parrallel.

My Power-Trac has one variable speed pump that runs 4 hyd motors. Some of them ar ein series and the front section is parrallel with the back motors.

My hyd system is also a closed loop system, where as the output from the hyd motors feeds back to the input of the pump.

If you are not going to do a zero turn vehicle, one hyd pump will suffice.

If you are going to use the vehicle as a zero turn machine, then you need one pump , one filter and one or two motors per side.

Each side independent of the other side, but using the same reservoir.

Belt drive turn the pumps at the same rpm.