Vanguard in Cub problems

/ Vanguard in Cub problems #1  

geneP

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case-International 385, Kubota L5450 w/LA1150A loader
I'm posting this in the Yard and Garden and Cub Cadet forums hoping someone out there is familiar with my problem. It started today as I was mowing the lawn trying to die when I turned right. straight ahead or turn left was ok. I finished the grass and took the side panels off to see if anything was rubbing the wiring or pinching the fuel supply. I moved a few wires around looking for loose connections, etc, but found nothing. I left the panels off and was going to run it around the yard to see if anyhting had changed. It would start and run about 2 seconds at high speed settings, and about 4 seconds at low speed settings. I thought it wasn't getting fuel, but the thing starts repeatedly after it dies. I put a screwdriver on a plug wire and it is firing while the engine decelerates after it quits running. It's a 16 HP VAnguard in a Cub Cadet 2165

Any ideas on what to look at would really be appreciated.

/ Vanguard in Cub problems #2  
Hi! My opinion I think you have some water or dirt in bowl of carburator . You can drain bowl . tank may be add a new gas fiter with new gas. Good luck! Oldmech

/ Vanguard in Cub problems
Thanks Oldmech. I just posted on the Cub board that I found the problem . It seems as if the power wire to the fuel cut-off solenoid had a bad connection at the ignition switch blade. It would only get power while in the start position. Unless the switch itself is going out, the problem has gone away.