Various BoxBlade Uses

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #11  
nice thread, read your previous post on your box blade use, seems like it has been worth every penny to you.

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #12  
Rob, I would have but for 2 reasons, that snow is long pushed away and the door to the shop has frozen to the ground! Frost heaved up and water dripped down meeting in the middle are the sliding doors that are glued to the permafrost that is heralding in the next ice age (contrary to what Big Al has to say - it's been 15-25 degreed F COLDER than average here the last 2 winters).

I'm looking forward to the weekend, it's supposed to warm up to where molten water exists in the wild. Ye-aaah sure, as if!

My son came in after school having played on the 6' tall snow hill in the front yard. He was down to his T-shirt, sweating and complaining about the high temps. It was 22F ...

jb

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #13  
Hey Rob, I should have practiced more before I bought my other implements. :D Would have saved me a lot of money, wait I bought some of the others first. Oh well, they all work good. Here's a few pics.;)

Road Boss Road grader, The best implement to maintain a dirt road in my opinion.
FEL being used as a dozer, works good, but not as good as a dozer.
Gannon rollover box blade being used as a dozer, works good to clear brush. This way you save your tires.
Post hole digger and set the pole with the FEL.
Fence stretcher hooked to my landscape rake.
102" flail mower after job was done.
Rear blade cutting in a temporary water line and back filling.

Attachments

• PC290001.JPG
    PC290001.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 3,002
  • PC290007.JPG
    PC290007.JPG
    110.3 KB · Views: 2,614
  • P4280007.JPG
    P4280007.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 2,415
  • P4290016.JPG
    P4290016.JPG
    141.2 KB · Views: 2,149
  • P5120001.JPG
    P5120001.JPG
    110.5 KB · Views: 1,936
  • P5200018.JPG
    P5200018.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,771
  • P5120010.JPG
    P5120010.JPG
    130.6 KB · Views: 1,711
  • P4070003.JPG
    P4070003.JPG
    136.4 KB · Views: 1,715
  • P4070006.JPG
    P4070006.JPG
    134.2 KB · Views: 1,845
  • P4070008.JPG
    P4070008.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 1,967
  • P4070012.JPG
    P4070012.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 2,186
   / Various BoxBlade Uses
That's what I'm talking about Brian, thanks for sharing all those pictures. You sure got a lot of neat stuff.
I love that road grader, man your road looks like a freeway! I see you use your rear blade much like I do in cutting those ditches. They sure are handy too. It's a good thing I didn't get one with the tractor, not knowing any better, I probably would've used it for a dozer blade up front.

John,
Yikes, it's still 22F at your place? Shees, that would be a major freeze out here. It's been a cold wet Winter for us too though. We finally got some 75F weather today. I only had to wear a light jacket.:)

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #15  
3RRL said:
That's what I'm talking about Brian, thanks for sharing all those pictures. You sure got a lot of neat stuff.
I love that road grader, man your road looks like a freeway! I see you use your rear blade much like I do in cutting those ditches. They sure are handy too. It's a good thing I didn't get one with the tractor, not knowing any better, I probably would've used it for a dozer blade up front.

John,
Yikes, it's still 22F at your place? Shees, that would be a major freeze out here. It's been a cold wet Winter for us too though. We finally got some 75F weather today. I only had to wear a light jacket.:)

Light jacket in 75 degrees?:confused: So you don't get sunburned?:D

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #16  
3RRL said:
\

John,

Rob, Can you clean up the mess? You know, all the spilled salt that didn't quite get rubbed into the wound!

;)

Actually, when it's sunny and there is no wind blowing, it's very comfortable even around 0F with just a T-shirt and no coat. Was just commenting on that with Nanuk of the North when he and I were out spearing walrus the other day....

jb

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #17  
3RRL said:
You'll see it when you come to visit in March.

Rob,

The kids are excited about seeing Disneyland. Steph is excited about seeing the coast and the Hollywood sign. I'm excited about seeing your attachments and the house!! :D

Two more weeks.

Eddie

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #18  
Rob, I've questioned you before on your uses of the boxblade. Great looking work! I must still not have enough practice. I have not added any weight yet, and that seems to be the popular thought on why I'm not getting the performance I want out of it.

However, I do have a photo of a new use. How about managing raging fires and hot coals! :D I could have used one modification....an extension that puts the blade about 20' further from my back side. :) It was a little risky for keeping your tires in one piece too. I got lucky.

IMG_8861Small.jpg

tony

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #19  
Tony that looks like you are getting ready for a big Luau to roast some pigs in the coals. Or just going to have some hot cross buns?:D

/ Various BoxBlade Uses #20  
Here are some pic's of what I did today with my trusty Box Blade :D

The pictures show the final stages of establishing a flow line for drainage around my new shop building.

Attachments

• Scarafiers in action.jpg
    Scarafiers in action.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 2,532
  • Scarafied.jpg
    Scarafied.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 2,038
  • Before.jpg
    Before.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 2,110
  • After.jpg
    After.jpg