Vector Battery Charger not working???

/ Vector Battery Charger not working??? #1  

ronjhall

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota 2910 HST
Late last year I purchased a Vector 2/10/20/40 amp charger with 100 amp boost. Tried to use it on my <font color="green">JD </font> in December. Kept coming up with a fault F03. Today I tried to charge the battery on my chipper. Same fault with an occasional F02 fault.
Tried it on 2 other batteries with same faults.
Found my old 10 amp charger. Left it on battery for 2 hours. Chipper started up with no problems.
Anyone else have one of these chargers. Did I get a bad one or is there a problem using them in the cold?

/ Vector Battery Charger not working??? #2  
Ron, I have a Vector, I've not had the problems you are experiencing, I suspect you got a bad unit.

/ Vector Battery Charger not working???
Thanks Bob.
Guess I will have to send it back to Vector. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ Vector Battery Charger not working??? #4  
I have a DieHart battery charger and have had the same type of problem.. it goes offline w/ an error code.. but only recently w/ the very cold weather. My guess.. the battery is so low on charge.. might be frozen? Try it on a warmer day and see if you get the same problem.

/ Vector Battery Charger not working??? #5  
Mine does the same thing /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif It seems to be very sensitive to the connection quality on the battery. The only reason I keep it is for the desulfate mode, but there are other products available for desulfation that work better.

/ Vector Battery Charger not working???
I have played with mine. If I take it into the house. Let it get to room temperature it will work outdoors correctly until unit gets cold. Then it comes up with the fault messages.
I'm ticked because to activate the warranty you have to send in the original sales slip. Now I cannot take it back to Wally World and get my money back. Have to pay for shipping to manufacture to get unit repaired. When it has never worked properly. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif