Vegetable Garden 2024

/ Vegetable Garden 2024 #1  

MF243RedTop

Gold Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 243
Sunk the bottom plows (moldboard for those that prefer that 😃) into the garden area today..

Was still a bit wet and yes we'll have rain tonight..but I gotta get started at some point🤷

About spun down once but was able to pull out with the locking differential..
Pic
IMG_20240315_152402065.jpg

/ Vegetable Garden 2024 #2  
We are "pull back the mulch and plant in the exposed earth" gardeners. The idea of turning the soil over with a mold board plow or even the roto-tiller is the farthest thing from my mind. (The tiller is used to break sod in new plots)

I trust you enjoy your gardening as much as I enjoy!

/ Vegetable Garden 2024 #3  
That looks better than mine if I plow when it's the least bit wet. I have black clay that shrinks,cracks and becomes so hard you can't get a plow in it when dry. When wet it sticks to your feet until your feet become too heavy to walk until you clean it off then repeat. Most of my garden is in raised beds with heavily amended soil. Old farmers say "If you stick to this dirt when it's dry it'll stick to you when it;s wet". When tractors bring round bales out of wet fields then down public roads chunks fall that can cause motorists to loose control if they hit one.

/ Vegetable Garden 2024 #4  
MF243 - that’s looks like that might be pretty good soil? Also looks like it a pretty good sized patch. What you gonna plant?

/ Vegetable Garden 2024 #5  
Turning my soil would be pretty easy right now... the plow would go down about 4 inches and slide across the frost.

/ Vegetable Garden 2024
MF243 - that’s looks like that might be pretty good soil? Also looks like it a pretty good sized patch. What you gonna plant?
Corn peas beans squash cucumber peppers okra you name it's all on the list

Maybe even some melons