Vehicle/Equipment manager for smarphones

/ Vehicle/Equipment manager for smarphones #1  

Birdhunter1

Veteran Member
Tractor
Mahindra 2638
Does anyone know of a good app for keeping vehicle and equipment records for an Android? Currently I use a post, board, cabinet door, shelf, or toolbox lid in tandem with a black sharpie as a record keeper. It has worked ok over they ears but I often misplace the Sharpie and can't remember which post, board, shelf, door or toolbox lid I wrote it on.
Another example is on a cabinet I keep oil, filters and funnels in I have written on the inside of the door what socket I need for the oil pan drain and lug nut, as well as what fuel and air filter each item takes and so on. But my wife has convinced me I need to join the year 2010+ and with some other apps I am using for other things I have found that little phone of mine to be quite handy.

I'm thinking of something to keep track of parts, repairs, wear items, fuel use etc on my Grasshopper, Tractors, Truck, van etc etc etc.

P.S. I am 32 and work in an office with 13 computers, ironic ain't it.

/ Vehicle/Equipment manager for smarphones #2  
I write maintenance data down in an old fashioned note book. :laughing::laughing::laughing: Paper notebooks don't go belly up and work year after year after year. I kick myself for throwing away the notebook I had that logged gas, mpg, and maintenance on my first couple of vehicles. I threw it out when cleaning up a truck I was trading in for a new truck. :rolleyes:

I do keep filter numbers, oil type, etc in a notepad in my smart phone. The phone is always with me so having that information handy, is well, handy. :D:D:D

The problem with specific smart phone app is making sure that data is easily transferred to a new phone or a new program. The app needs to be able to export at least CSV file. Our first smart phone would not export our notes. You could hack your way to get the note but it was faster to just retype the notes in the new phone. The new note pad exports.

Later,
Dan