Vehicle Lifts

/ Vehicle Lifts
I put a Greg Smith 4 post lift in my home shop a while back. It's rated to hold 14,000lbs. It's been great and I use it on a regular basis. There are times that a 2 post would be nice and I went back and forth when deciding which style to buy. In the end I think this was the correct choice. I've put my tractors on it as well as my small dozer. These would not fit on a 2 post very well. No matter what you get you'll enjoy getting off of the floor!

View attachment 532596

what is that blue pipe/tubing that appears to be a air line ? I need to run some air line myself

/ Vehicle Lifts #32  
   / Vehicle Lifts #33  
I would think you’d want a 2 post sitting directly on footings.

/ Vehicle Lifts #34  
That RapidAir line is NICE! Thanks guys, this thread is going to cost me a few 100 bucks..... LOL

/ Vehicle Lifts
I would think you’d want a 2 post sitting directly on footings.

If you go to gregsmith equipment. they give the specs for concrete thickness. their specs state: for lifts 12,000 # 3000#concrete should be at least 6'' thick For lifts under 12,000 #, 3000# concrete should be at least 4'' thick

/ Vehicle Lifts #36  
Again, remember, the direct down weight isn't the problem, it's the "prying" force when the vehicle weight isn't centered on the hoist. And very, very times is it centered. So the failure is one side of the foot plates pulling upward out of the concrete........

/ Vehicle Lifts #37  
what is that blue pipe/tubing that appears to be a air line ? I need to run some air line myself

Yep, that is 3/4 Rapidair. Super easy to install and so far I haven’t had any issues.

/ Vehicle Lifts #38  
When I build myself a barn, I hope to have a lift. I usually put my slabs on top of rigid foam, so I will probably put a footing directly underneath where the lift would be. And if I’m lucky radiant heat tubing too.

/ Vehicle Lifts #39  
When I build myself a barn, I hope to have a lift. I usually put my slabs on top of rigid foam, so I will probably put a footing directly underneath where the lift would be. And if I’m lucky radiant heat tubing too.

Draw a very detailed blueprint of your floor tubing. Never lose it.

/ Vehicle Lifts #40