Vented non fuel jugs.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #1  

dodge man

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD 2025R
So I bought a vented non fuel jug today. As best I can tell it can be used for fuel other than the fact it has the old style vent cap you can loosen to let air in. Any reason to not use these for diesel? The one I bought is like the picture below except it’s yellow. I of course wouldn’t use it for fuel since it says not to. ;)
IMG_2175.jpeg

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #2  
I have 6 of them. 2 white ones for winter diesel fuel and 4 yellow ones for regular diesel…😉

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #3  
They are awesome. I use them for gas and diesel. They hold up well and you can get spare parts when things wear.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #4  
I have 8 of those. They work great and can be used for fuel.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #5  
probably safer for diesel then gas. For gas my thought are plastic propriety to deal with expansions and plastic / gasoline combability ... gas container are made of high-density polyethylene plastic... not saying this container is not it but it might not be.

Last edited:
   / Vented non fuel jugs. #6  
The ones sold at RuralKing hold up well to gas. Like all things depends on who makes them.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #7  
Of course not! That would fly in the face of the quite reasonable rules put in place. You will undoubtedly feel waves of oppressive guilt for having cursed your descendants to a life of misery for your own selfish desires. Shame! Shame!

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #8  
Empty fast, so you don't have to hold all the weight as long. No spilling if you are listening to the change in sound when the tank gets close to full.
Just like they way we used to do it, with less spillage of fuel!

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #9  
They’re literally made for fuels and were sold that way for decades. They just stopped selling them that way because they aren’t compliant with current regulations.

/ Vented non fuel jugs. #10  
They’re literally made for fuels and were sold that way for decades. They just stopped selling them that way because they aren’t compliant with current regulations.
I'm sure you are mistaken. The company would never continue making a product that might skirt the super rational rules. It's probably just a strange coincidence. ;)