Ventrac 3000 versus PT422

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #21  
i don't think your talking about a mower deck on a 422 or a 425 are you? blackwell

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #22  
mr ,i think this was on an old post last year,didn't they change the spindles to a new and better type? a3/4 inch shaft isn't to heavy.the blades that came on the mower are differnt than the one pt sold me when i picked it up. they are too big and hit the sides of the deck when you have heavy grass.the new ones have a bushing that you have to use,and they are a lot heaver and they work fine.they at pt do have commercial decks but i don't think for the 400 series.

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #23  
Yes, standard mower, not comerical as used on larger machines.
EB

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #24  
Yes, I do recall your post last year about the blades hitting. I wasn't aware they changed the spindles. From all the comments here, they still need to be greased every 8 hours.

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #25  
I hit each spindle with two pumps at each mowing. My be overkill but can't hurt as I am mowing almost an acre.
PJ

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #26  
Funny thing is, I hit em and can't find where the grease is going. I'm about due to remove the cover and see what's under there. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #27  
I also give each spindle a couple of pumps from the grease gun. It seems the the outer 2 spindles will give me resistence when full but the center spindle just keeps taking the grease.....so I pulled the covers and the grease was coming out of the spindle above the mower deck....is this a faulty spindle or is this normal? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #28  
I know what you mean, I have been meaning to do this also.
Speaking of greasing zerks, the center pivot point has two zerk fittings. One is just under the seat and the other is under neath the center facing the ground. I would hit these with a manual pump grease gun and many times found that one or the other would not take any grease. Switched to an air operated grease gun and no longer have any problems with either not taking grease.
PJ

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #29  
I find that if i dont turn all the way to the stop that i have a better chance of getting the grease in on the center pivot. But air sounds like a good idea, I think ill pick one up.

/ Ventrac 3000 versus PT422 #30  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( One is just under the seat and the other is under neath the center facing the ground. I would hit these with a manual pump grease gun and many times found that one or the other would not take any grease. Switched to an air operated grease gun and no longer have any problems with either not taking grease.
)</font>

It shouldn't take that much force to lubricate. Perhaps the fitting is clogged with grit? In which case forcing grease into it (mixed with junk) could be a bad thing. Just a thought.