Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
Whatever the case, I'll the watching the Ventrac and Power Trac used prices. Seems that the later are more rare.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
Yet another on FB in WI. Plenty on hours on it. Can anyone comment on plusing snow with one? I searched that and came up with zip.
-----------------------------

Ventrac 4200 VXD Tractor​

now $8,900 was$9,500
Listed 2 weeks ago in Chippewa Falls, WI

Details​

• Condition
    Used - Good
Ventrac 4200 VXD Tractor. Has the 31hp Briggs Vanguard liquid cooled gas engine. Has 21xx hours. Not cosmetically perfect but in good working order. Works with most ventrac and steiner tractor attachments. Only selling as I own 3 and don't need all 3. Located in Eau Claire WI. Will deliver within 50 miles for down-payment and additional fee. Sale subject to WI sales tax unless provided with an exempt permit.
334603768_6570368343000297_6123556659164729784_n.jpg
352260209_6952982541387704_7776619499001955621_n.jpg

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
Not that I have any interest, but seems Bob Cat makes a mini center actuating tractor as well and Ventrac implements fit on it.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
Seems one of these might work for us but ya, the price is high. Maybe I'll check to see if I can find a locally owned one and see theirs.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
I new Ventrac owner made a video of his complaints after 50 hours. Some seem to be valid.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB #16  
I new Ventrac owner made a video of his complaints after 50 hours. Some seem to be valid.

I ignore people who routinely operate machinery will safety switches disabled.

Find out why the seat switch is tripped and FIX IT!

He also didn't read the manual.

The manual says on page 45 to lower the 3 pt hitch BEFORE checking the hydraulic fluid level. In this video, he checks the hydraulic fluid level THEN walks around to the 3 point hitch and lowers it. This dangerous operator must have "topped off" the fluid, then lowered the 3pt hitch forcing hydraulic fluid into the overflow tube - that he then complained about. 😣

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
I ignore people who routinely operate machinery will safety switches disabled.

Find out why the seat switch is tripped and FIX IT!

He also didn't read the manual.

The manual says on page 45 to lower the 3 pt hitch BEFORE checking the hydraulic fluid level. In this video, he checks the hydraulic fluid level THEN walks around to the 3 point hitch and lowers it. This dangerous operator must have "topped off" the fluid, then lowered the 3pt hitch forcing hydraulic fluid into the overflow tube - that he then complained about. 😣
I did say much of it was BS and I thought he stated that he tried to get a new seat switch? I agree about removing safety features, Nonetheless I thought he still had a few good points.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB #18  
I did say much of it was BS and I thought he stated that he tried to get a new seat switch? I agree about removing safety features, Nonetheless I thought he still had a few good points.

I'd like to know more about the seat. That safety switch is a simple and robust device. I frankly doubt it is broken.

In a previous post in this forum, I showed how the seat can be assembled incorrectly which causes the switch to not actuate properly. Especially since he demonstrated that the seat indicator was not working correctly and that he probably took the top part of the seat off to bypass the safety. I suspect he has caused his own seat problems.

I also am suspicious of the bent pulley guard on the front. The top of the guard he claims is what was touching the pulley. I'd be willing to believe that he accidentally left the belt on the pulley while taking off an implement such as the mower that he mentioned and bent the guard himself by pulling away from the implement. He may not even have known he did it.

He complained about accessing the air filter, however at only 50 hours he should not have opened the air filter up yet. The manual doesn't suggest replacement until 200 hours. The manual does indicate a "daily inspection" of the air filter, but I don't interpret that as removing the air filter. In any case, removing the side panel grants more access to the air filter cap.

His other complaints such as, can't get the 3 point arms swung open, hydraulic filter being struck, stump grinder interference with mounting hardware, he never demonstrated.

He complained about the dealer being "useless" (timestamp 7:10 - 7:15). This opinion seems libelous to me because he is trying and harm the reputation of the dealer. I would think the "sales rep" is part of the dealership and he admits that he has gotten a free filter and free hydraulic fluid after expressing complaints, so it would seem they aren't "useless." But I'm not a lawyer.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB
Most of the used machines on FB get discounted a few weeks later. A good sign prices are coming down? I asked on a local list if anyone was using a Ventrac and got no reposnces.

/ Ventrac 4200 vxd on FB #20  
One of the local tractor dealers just dropped prices on some used ride on mini track skid steers from $25k to $15k. I'd say it is end of season selling and it looking like the economy is getting tighter in the next 6 months in the case of the dealer.

In the case of an individual, they probably started too high and are trying to find the right price to sell the machine.