Ventrac Mowing Speed?

/ Ventrac Mowing Speed? #21  
Having just worked on several of my mowers due to broken bolts and messed up transmissions, I'll say this. Make sure you buy something that is HEAVY DUTY. And the reason is that they are built to a higher standard with locking nuts and not just self tapping screws to hold the whole thing together. I have two ZTR mowers here. A consumer version of a Simplicity ZT2500 with a nice ZT2800 Hydro gear transmission and a fab 48" deck. That sounds really good doesn't it ? But the transmissions and the deck are the only GOOD parts of the machine. The rest is cheaply screwed together and I had some broken bolts from the jarring around it takes on my yard (4 acres of cutting pleasure). The other machine is a Simplicity Citation XL with a 61" deck and a 27hp engine with ZT3400 transmissions (same transmission family series in both). But the bigger and heavier one is MUCH MUCH better assembled and more durable overall. And it weighs almost 1000lbs compared to the lighter and less heavy duty one. Get bigger, heavier and more durable. Espeically for the acres you are talking about.

/ Ventrac Mowing Speed? #22  
For slopes and wet areas, the Ventrac or Steiner with dual wheels cannot be beaten. I would recommend the dual wheels. I would look at the dealer network near you and pick the brand that you can get to service the tractor. Remember that Bobcat purchased Steiner and has rebranded their tractor as the AT450. Ventrac people will tell you Steiner sucks, Steiner people will tell you Ventrac sucks but they are honestly about the same tractor. If you have Bobcat dealers near you, I would check them out to see if they are gonna carry the new tractor.

/ Ventrac Mowing Speed? #23  
I purchased a Steiner 525 years ago, still have it sitting out back on fencerow. Several implements around here too.
One thing nobody ever asks, is how do you get an articulated tractor away from the edge of a ditch, or away from a bobwire fence, or away from a building or car if you accidentally get too close? I mean, it really doesn't like getting away from things once you have moved up against them!
Pretty cool machine, I got a good deal on it!
David from jax

/ Ventrac Mowing Speed? #24  
I purchased a Steiner 525 years ago, still have it sitting out back on fencerow.

You have had a tractor for 525 years,, and it still runs??
I have a David Bradley from the 1950's,, and I can't get parts for it!!
That David Bradley is a spring chicken,, compared to a 525 year old machine!! :unsure:

/ Ventrac Mowing Speed? #25  
Ha-ha

/ Ventrac Mowing Speed? #26  
You have had a tractor for 525 years,, and it still runs??
I have a David Bradley from the 1950's,, and I can't get parts for it!!
That David Bradley is a spring chicken,, compared to a 525 year old machine!! :unsure:
That would be a Steiner model 525, that I purchased a few years ago. It is still out back, the diesel engine started acting up and I had a backup mower and that does the job fine. I really didn't have a need for that big of mower, but ended up with it when I sent a friend to an auction to get me a tractor. I called him with notice of more available cash, and he told me the auction was over. I asked if we got a tractor and he said no, but he did get me a Steiner lawnmower. When I asked him to discribe it, He said it was a non running Steiner. He said it was 4wd, and I said but it doesn't run. He said it was hydrostatic and I said "but it doesn't run". He said it had a Kubota diesel engine in it and I said "but it doesn't run". He said...I can get it running. I hooked up a trailer and drove out there, and sure enough he was riding around on it. Came with two decks, a blower, roll cage with aluminum cover and rear weights. Cost me $503 and I used it for years.
David from jax