Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder
I am interested on a trailer with a dump capacity for my Ventrac. Does anyone have any suggestions

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #12  
David,

If you are looking for a hydraulic dump trailer this is what I use. The tandem axle allows the trailer to "walk" over bumps and dips. It is rated at 2 tons capacity by the manufacturer, Country Manufacturing www.countrymfg.com. The hydraulic cylinder (24 inch stroke) is not included, but it is a standard agricultural unit available from Northern, Farm and Fleet, etc. The lugs to attach the cylinder are already welded into place on the bed and frame. The jackstand is included.

Price if you order directly from Country Manufacturing is about $1200, but that includes shipping to any freight terminal in the country. It is also available from Northern.

If you order your Ventrac with a 3 point hitch, it also includes a set of rear hydraulic outlets and control valve. If you don't need the 3 point hitch, you can still order a set of rear outlets.

JackIL

Attachments

• 447012-TrailerSM.jpg
    447012-TrailerSM.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 770
   / Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #13  
Jack,

Thanks for the responce regarding the belt vs hyd drive... I have sort of been looking for a suitable chipper to hook up to my PT 1845 to take to the slash rather than take the slash to a chipper on the road.

There are a couple of units for skid steers, but are bigger than I want. I may find a PTO or older engine driven model that I can rig up with a hyd motor some day.

Nice dump trailer, by the way...

Rip

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #14  
My 16 HP DR Chipper works very well up to 4". Never bogs down, and produces a nice clean chip without a lot of dust.

DR__TBN.jpg

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #15  
Where I want to take a chipper, no trailer will ever go. I already have a BearCat trailer type with 20 HP Honda, but it would tip over before I got 100 yds into our forest. I might try to carry it in with the forks (only weighs about 800 lbs).

Other possibility is dismantle the "working end" and set it up with a hyd motor such that I could put it back to "original" configuration without much trouble.

Rip

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #16  
Well it is nice to have another Ventrac owner on TBN. I think there are 3 of us now???
I just started looking at these ventracs and I must admit they caught my interest

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #17  
Well it is nice to have another Ventrac owner on TBN. I think there are 3 of us now???

As of wednesday, Im a Ventrac owner.....i bought an older used machine a 2004 4200 with the 3 cylinder Vanguard 953G...Im realizing this engine is no longer supported,at all...I know emissions killed production of it,but theres not much out there for it ...

/ Ventrac with Steiner Chipper Shredder #18  
what size wheels did you use on the steiner chipper. I also have a 31hp air cooled ventrac with a steiner sc312 chipper shredder. I do not have a discharge chute. I am thinking about building my own.