Chipper Vermeer 606

/ Vermeer 606
That was nearly 2 years ago now. It went for over $6,ooo.--where I quit. Loading would definitely have been a problem. It was a small auction, just equipment from one company that went under, no small stuff or junk. Everything seemed to be in pretty good shape--except the crunched roof on the tractor from a tree limb dropping on it (supposedly) the night before. Had I outbid the guy who bought the only tractor (for the chipper), what would my chances have been for getting him to load it for me?

Sometimes these gone-under auctions are a scam. The seller just sits back and watches the bidding, then gets the chance to top the last bid, and keeps everything himself--basically just paying the commission.

I still haven't purchased a chipper, though I would still like one. New truck had to be first. I've been burning some--working slower than it can grow back. 5 layers of old fencing built on a continuous rock pile along the lot line sure slows me down. I'm trying to save any useable posts. Due to the high pressure gas main along the fence, the power company has to be standing here should I want to scratch the ground with anything more than hand tools.

/ Vermeer 606 #12  
6k Certainly isn't a bargain but right in line for a used attachment of this nature. Considering a purchase price of over 10k one has to wonder why it would sell for 3k as one poster stated. Sometimes people get extraordinary buys but I doubt most of them. The computer reaches out to so many buyers very seldom do things get purchased that cheap. Like one guy on the forum says...... I hope my wife doesn't sell things when I am gone for prices I told her I paid. I am very guilty of this being careful how you word it helps from being completly dishonest. Bargains are out there but very rarely from what I have seen in the mid west.