Very disappointed in Kubota

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #1  

Dmax

Bronze Member
Tractor
KUBOTA M6800SDC
I bought a new L5030 cab 4x4 in march this year so my boy could rake hay for me. Its got 62 hour on it now. I loaded on my trailer after my last big hay job and notice it leaking hydraulic fluid around a 1/4" line that run from right behind the hydro pedal across trans. to right above hydraulic filter on left side. So while I had it on the trailer I took in to the dealer on a Thursday and show him the line that was leaking. He said it would be a couple of day I told that it not a big deal because I got two small hay jobs to do and that I would just use my big tractor. I when by the dealer place on Monday and notice that it had not been move. The next day I when by and notice that it was in the shop. I was by there again on Thursday and stop to see what the deal was and he told me that he order the line Tuesday and it should be here today. So I am thinking he had my tractor for four day before he order the part, but I did not say anything . So Friday I stop by again late that afternoon to make sure its ready before I go get my trailer. He tells me that he still waiting on the part. I could not stand it, had to ask if they were alway this slow. He told me that if I had the money that he could have got it over night. I told him that it was a brand new tractor and that I did not think that I should have to pay anything extra when they have had it for over a week. So I ask him if they would have done the next Tuesday because need it to unload some hay with. He said oh yes part should be here day. So I call today to see if it was ready and he tells me that the line is backordered and he don't know when he is going to get it in. So I am not too happy with kubota at the moment, I cannot understand how there can be a hydraulic line on any kubota tractor the would back order. What really scares me what is going to happen when I have $10000 in hay that is laying on the ground that is not mine and my M6800 blow a line and they tell me that its going to be three week before they can get the part for it. Guess I will find out if the little 5030 got the balls to pull my John deere round baler. Don't get me wrong I like my kubota's but would have thought they would have been much better on part service.

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #2  
Sounds to me like you should be more PO'ed at the dealer than Kubota. Obviously, we all know things can go wrong. Its how we are treated afterwards that determines the level of customer service and our degree of satisfaction. Personally, I think you have been very reasonable in your response; far more tolerant than I would be. By now the general manager's office would need to be redecorated. I would kick my dialog up a notch to the next level of management. Treating you in a disdainful way is unacceptable in this competitive marketplace.

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #3  
I see that you made 3 mistakes.

1) You told the dealer that there was no hurry. It's always a hurry and a huge big deal, you need that tractor to make $$$. If it isn't a big deal for you - the put priority on the guy that is bleeding money waiting for service. Every single time I told someone that it wasn't a rush job - it sat days, weeks even months.

2) You didn't jump on them when you saw the machine not getting service and you didn't jump on them when you noted that they hadn't ordered the part for 4 days.

3) You need to talk to the owner of the dealership. He may not know what a slack jaw fool he has working for him. Or he may know, but hasn't gotten enough "documentation" to justify giving the bum the heave ho. Tell the owner that you expect him to yank the part off a tractor on the lot. He can wait for the part!

jb

/ Very disappointed in Kubota
What really bites me is that I have spend over $70000 with this dealer in the last 3 years on tractors and hay equipment and they did not even offer to bring me out another tractor to use. I had to unload hay with my buddy 1970 something duetx ( did'nt spell that right) while my $31000 kubota is setting at the shop.

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #5  
Dmax said:
What really bites me is that I have spend over $70000 with this dealer in the last 3 years on tractors and hay equipment and they did not even offer to bring me out another tractor to use. I had to unload hay with my buddy 1970 something duetx ( did'nt spell that right) while my $31000 kubota is setting at the shop.

Time to get a new dealer. I had an hydraulic leak somewhere under my fairly new MF CUT (about 40hrs in) called my dealer 45 miles away on Thursday. Friday the mechanic was down and stripped-off a ruptured hose - Monday he was back with a new hose that he made-up. Half-an-hour later it was all fixed. I just told him at the start that it would be nice to get it fixed as soon as possible. That's the kind of service to look for!

EanJay

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #6  
Sounds to me that service manager lied to you about the part even showing up. His story has changed several times.
Speak to the owner, get a loaner, you have money on the ground, they have your tractor that can be fixed, that service manager is taking advantage of you, you gave them sufficent time to take care of a small problem.

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #7  
Sorry to hear of another poor business ethics and customer care. This appears to be indemic in the business sector any more. He should have taken the part off a stock tractor that was not sold to fix yours at the least when he knew your part was not coming. I agree you did spend alot of money with them over three years and should not have to ask for good care or concern. I would be sure to talk to the manager or owner of the dealership. If your spending $70,000 with them is not enough to make you special, nothing there will be. I agree with Eanjay, time for a new dealer. I went 100 mi away to find a dealer who would work with me and for me...Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the oil.......Stand up for what you think is right...They surely will not offer anything unless you demand it.....You were more than patient..Hope you get it fixed soon.

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #8  
Sit down, and, to the owner of the dealership, write a lengthy letter detailing what you perceive to be the standard for customer service and ethical treatment of the customer base in what is a nation of salesman. Explain that all marketplaces necessitate the return of existing customers while persistently making every effort to expand their already existing customer base. Go slow because, obviously, they just aren't getting it. Even if he gets it, all the more so, he needs to know the shop doesn't and you are one step closer already. Then detail the amount of $$$ you have contributed to his business over the last few years. Explain the ORIGINAL reasons that you go to him i.e. location, brand - and that there are other games in town (or at least a 100 mile radius. My dealer is 70 miles away, but the closest is 14)

I had a similar experience with a large truck dealer and when I wrote the owner, I got apologetic phone calls from salesmen, and service managers that hadn't even anything to do with my account. :cool:

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #9  
I think that particular line is a low pressure line for the "feather step" HST. They could probably weld or patch the leaky joint to get you going.

/ Very disappointed in Kubota #10  
Just a note, I work in manufacturing (a large medical device manufacturer) and if one of our automated assembly machines is down, day or night, a spare part is handy (such as a low pressure hydraulic line). If not one can be found some where in the USA and it would be sent overnight if not that day. Kubota will have that line somewheres, they will not let there customers down, especially commercial accounts, even if they had to remove one from a new machine for you. The sense of urgency does not seem to be there with that particular dealer, time to deal with someone else. Your Kubota is your family's bread & butter unlike many folks (including myself) where my Kubota is a nicety. Ever think about back charging him the cost of lost revenue or cost of the man hours allotted for the particular job that you could not perform. It may be worth invoicing him to rattle his cage, add a cc with your company's lawyer's name and see if you get better customer service. Also send a copy to Kubota's customer service. I promise you you will see a response.