Very Jumpy Hydraulics

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics #1  

yooperdave

Veteran Member
Tractor
Tool Cat 5600, LS XJ2025H, Branson 4215HC
Tried out the new XJ2025H to clear snow for the first time.

Biggest item of note was the not so smooth operation of the loader.

I have never had such jumpy hydraulics - even on my older LG.

Is there something I can do to minimize the jumpy hydraulics?

TIA

Yooper Dave

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics #3  
yooper,
By jumpy do you mean no speed control or the loader raises in jerk even with the lever pulled back fully?

If no speed control that is a function of the control valve used. Some meter very well allowing easy control of speed and others don't.

If jerky with lever pulled back fully I would also suspect air like radios1 said. Did you hear any growling noises from the pump? This would also indicate pump is drawing air.

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics
yooper,
By jumpy do you mean no speed control or the loader raises in jerk even with the lever pulled back fully?

If no speed control that is a function of the control valve used. Some meter very well allowing easy control of speed and others don't.

If jerky with lever pulled back fully I would also suspect air like radios1 said. Did you hear any growling noises from the pump? This would also indicate pump is drawing air.

Jerky is a good word. Trying to lower the loader and bucket is anything but smooth. My wife was watching from the house and thought I was goofy. I told her it was not my doing...

The dealer is coming to the house to fix the rear hydraulic remote lever tomorrow anyway. The lever was not located within the empty slot next to the 3 point hydraulic - instead the lever is in conflict with the seat so my thigh bears on top of the lever & not very comfortable. Adding the rear remote may have introduced air into the system.

I will say I thought I smelled hydraulic oil burning while plowing the driveway.

Hope to learn more tomorrow.

Regards,

Yooper Dave

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics #5  
I will say that these hydraulics are on the zippy side. If all is normal, you'll become accustomed to feathering the control to your liking with a bit of practice.

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics #6  
Won't lower smoothly is definitely a valve problem. I replaced the one on my Branson for this reason. I have been around equipment my whole life and there was no feathering that valve.

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics #7  
the XJ has pretty high hydraulic flow for the size of cylinders on the loader. Like Tomplum said, Have to learn to feather... The backhoe also very "jerky" and the higher the RPM's the worse it is because there is more flow.

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics
the XJ has pretty high hydraulic flow for the size of cylinders on the loader. Like Tomplum said, Have to learn to feather... The backhoe also very "jerky" and the higher the RPM's the worse it is because there is more flow.

I just got my 60" Berlon snow bucket and had to try it out.

The up and curl features are as smooth as hoped.

Lowering the bucket is like riding a bucking bronco. I felt I should put 1 arm in the air and wear a number on my back.

There was no way any feathering was going to lower the bucket smoothly.

I have been operating loaders on tractors for 40 years and this one is as unique as I have ever known.

The dealer is implying 'user error'.

I am implying a fix is needed.

Yooper Dave

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics #9  
I just got my 60" Berlon snow bucket and had to try it out.

The up and curl features are as smooth as hoped.

Lowering the bucket is like riding a bucking bronco. I felt I should put 1 arm in the air and wear a number on my back.

There was no way any feathering was going to lower the bucket smoothly.

I have been operating loaders on tractors for 40 years and this one is as unique as I have ever known.

The dealer is implying 'user error'.

I am implying a fix is needed.

Yooper Dave

Did it do this with the normal bucket on it or just this new bucket? The larger bucket is most likely heavier and causing the jerky motion. When I got my tractor it had an oversized bucket on it and I had to learn how to feather it to keep this from happening. It only happened on the initial input from my controls, not all the way down.

/ Very Jumpy Hydraulics
Did it do this with the normal bucket on it or just this new bucket? The larger bucket is most likely heavier and causing the jerky motion. When I got my tractor it had an oversized bucket on it and I had to learn how to feather it to keep this from happening. It only happened on the initial input from my controls, not all the way down.

Both buckets had the same problem. I do think the problem was worse with the bigger bucket though.

Attachments

• 20190207_163835.jpg
    20190207_163835.jpg
    774.7 KB · Views: 363