vicon km 240

/ vicon km 240 #1  

jcbourque

Tractor
JD 2640
I just purchased a vicon km240. It runs fine but the upper conditioner roller is very loose and does not appear to be being driven. I have a parts manual but no service manual. I would like to know how to remove the upper roller. Can anyone help me? thanks

/ vicon km 240 #2  
Just saw your thread. Is this the one Kahn had on their lot with no oil in the bar? Anyway, I have a Gehl 1080 (Vicon KM240). The conditioner rollers have some play normally. The only way it wouldn't be driven would be if the roll pins were sheared, spline shaft stripped or drive gear stripped. There are almost no parts left for these. To remove the roller you will have to take the right side of the machine completely off. Then the rollers will just pull out. Tractor Supply has blades and bolts for these. I ordered some parts from a distributor in Canada that used to carry Vicon and has some parts in stock. I have had little luck in this area (Cummings and Bricker is the distributor here) with our area dealers.

/ vicon km 240
yes, I bought it from Kahns. I determined that the upper roller was being driven by the conditioner knobs of the lower roller. I pulled it apart and found that the splines on the end of the roller driveshaft and the splines in the gear box shaft were both worn out. I am making both parts,but trying to cut splines on the ball end is proving to be a challenge. If I could find a good drive ballend life would be good. The best advise that Cummings and Bricker could give me was to remove the rollers and use it as a disc mower . If you have the number of the distributer in Canada it might help . Want to sell your Gehl? thanks for your help

/ vicon km 240 #4  
Late getting back to you again! Here's the Canadian distributor that helped me:
Eastern Farm Machinery Ltd.
RR3, P.O. Box 3613, 10 Nicholas Beaver Rd.
Guelph, Ontario, Canada
N1H 6P1
sales@easternfarmmachinery.com e-mail

(519) 763-2400 tel
(519) 763-3930 fax

I hate Cummings and Bricker. They suck.

Also you could try:
Ritchie Implement
Cobb, WI
800-944-7903

they have some NOS Gehl parts. I got spare discs, knife bolt wrench and transport clip from them. If you want the Gehl manual, German Bliss has it on their site:
http://pdf.germanbliss.com/DC1080DiscMowerConditionerPartsManual.pdf

If you don't have the parts manual for Vicon, ACI Distributors (ACI Distributors | St Louis, MO | Agricultural Equipment Distributors) has them on their website. They won't sell direct, either, as Cummings and Bricker won't.

Can't sell the old Gehl, because nobody makes a disc conditioner that I can run on a 60hp tractor! It runs great, but I need to drop the bar and re-seal it. Getting leaky. I'll put a new seal in the gear box then, also.

/ vicon km 240 #5  
One more thing: a search of the Gehl part number for the spline shaft (604884) shows this:
MUSTANG * SPLINE SHAFT (PART#: 604884)
You'd have to call them to be sure it is actually the part. The "Mustang" name is what concerns me. The "604884" and "spline shaft" are right.

/ vicon km 240 #6  
Just saw your thread. Is this the one Kahn had on their lot with no oil in the bar? Anyway, I have a Gehl 1080 (Vicon KM240). The conditioner rollers have some play normally. The only way it wouldn't be driven would be if the roll pins were sheared, spline shaft stripped or drive gear stripped. There are almost no parts left for these. To remove the roller you will have to take the right side of the machine completely off. Then the rollers will just pull out. Tractor Supply has blades and bolts for these. I ordered some parts from a distributor in Canada that used to carry Vicon and has some parts in stock. I have had little luck in this area (Cummings and Bricker is the distributor here) with our area dealers.
my neighbour has the same model . has just done the exact same thing tearing my hair out trying to chase up partswe are in qld Australia post

/ vicon km 240 #7  
my neighbour has the same model and it has just done the exactly the same thing I have been trying to source the parts in Australia and the u.k any ideas would be greatly appreciated
my neighbour has the same model . has just done the exact same thing tearing my hair out trying to chase up partswe are in qld Australia post

/ vicon km 240 #8  
my neighbour has the same model and it has just done the exactly the same thing I have been trying to source the parts in Australia and the u.k any ideas would be greatly appreciated
You are likely SOL. Mine finally wore out and no parts. Kubota owns Vicon now. I bought a used DMC9028 2 years ago.