Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #1  

tractorgp

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
During the blizzard yesterday I posted on TBN two videos of the blizzard taking place (mainly morning time). Here's some clips taken during the afternoon of the blizzard. All together we had about a foot of snow. Big factor was the wind that gusted up to about 100 km/h - 60 mph.

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #2  
I don't understand why anybody would attempt to drive through that drift.

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #3  
Loader should have just shoved that Prius off to the side with the rest of the snow.

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #4  
great video! quite a storm,

at the 3:00 mark, you have a screen shot, is that a
map that shows the area municipal snow plows locations?

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #5  
Don't see many wings on wheel loaders.

Somewhere on YouTube there is a video of a New York City Employee driving a wheel loader just smashing the crap out of cars! Either he was totally incompetent or just had reached his limit.

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #6  
It looks like GPS location for ten City of St. John's plows at the 3:00 mark. Town got a lot more snow than we did out here in God's country. We had some wind, but very little build up of snow. Mostly I had snow that had previously fallen, but got blown around by the wind.

Town is still cleaning up after the foot (30cm) of snow they got.

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street
Loader should have just shoved that Prius off to the side with the rest of the snow.

That would have made the viral video I've been waiting for :)

great video! quite a storm,

at the 3:00 mark, you have a screen shot, is that a
map that shows the area municipal snow plows locations?

Yes that's right. The screen shot was taken a little earlier in the day but I threw it in anyway for a bit of spice. The system was down when for most of the day after that.

It looks like GPS location for ten City of St. John's plows at the 3:00 mark. Town got a lot more snow than we did out here in God's country. We had some wind, but very little build up of snow. Mostly I had snow that had previously fallen, but got blown around by the wind.

Town is still cleaning up after the foot (30cm) of snow they got.

Yeah Like I mentioned to Dutch445 the Automatic Vehicle Locator (I think that is what they call it) was working fine during the early part of the day but it went down later. I was just lucky enough to catch some of the action without it.

/ Video clips of Jan 21 blizzard (afternoon) on our street #10  
Don't see many wings on wheel loaders.

Somewhere on YouTube there is a video of a New York City Employee driving a wheel loader just smashing the crap out of cars! Either he was totally incompetent or just had reached his limit.
The one I saw had a loader with no chains on trying to drive on an icy street that was sloped to one side.
Predictably it was sliding down slope and into the cars on the downhill side of the street.

Aaron Z