Visitor from Brazil

/ Visitor from Brazil #1  

Gary Fowler

Super Star Member
Tractor
2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010
My grand daughter brought a friend of her's from college to visit for the weekend. He is from Brazil and he has never seen a farm, living in Rio all his life. They arrived after dark and were sitting out on the back balcony listening to the night sounds. We had told him we had cows, chickens, guineas, peafowl and a pig so he may hear some strange noises. Later a bull frog started bellowing and he asked if that was a cow and wife said no a frog. He then said, "Oh is that one of those COW frogs". We had to laugh and tell him it was a Bull frog. Different languages make for some hilarious moments some times.

/ Visitor from Brazil #2  
I loved my week long visit to Brazil... Sugar loaf, eating tours and seeing the girls from ep anama. Never stayed off the main drags. Crime is out of control!

mark

/ Visitor from Brazil
Carnival in Brazil must be addictive. A friend from Canada goes every year. From the photos he sends me I can understand why a single guy might like the "attractions".

/ Visitor from Brazil #4  
Gary, that's a great funny story. In high school I had a Spanish teacher who would point out strange phrases and sayings in English that were totally confusing to people who spoke another language. I think it's important that we laugh at ourselves and the strange things in our language. There are plenty of very intelligent people who struggle with the oddities of English.

/ Visitor from Brazil #5  
See if he likes music from Almir Sater, Paula Fernandes, Bruna Viola

Very cool traditional Barzilian Country(at least by Almir sater).