Visual aid for us beginners...?

/ Visual aid for us beginners...? #1  

Anonymous Poster

This might be too difficult to program, or simply impossible to set up, but I figure I'll ask anyway...

Would it be possible to set up a "gallery" of tractor photos, say one or two of each model (I know thats at LOT of tractors, but there are a lot of tractor owners here!), and then program the forum software so that when a tractor model is listed it highlights as a link (like an e-mail or web address) to the photos of that model?

For some of us newer guys (and maybe even some of the not-so-new) this sort of visual representation would REALLY help in understanding the differences being discussed.

At this point I'm a little overwhelmed with model numbers, and there's no way I can relate them to any particular tractor!

Gregg

/ Visual aid for us beginners...? #2  
Possible, yes, and we've considered it... problem is we don't have the time to do it, and some other things have priority over it. Specifically, the option to search for posts with attachments. So, you could search for Kubota B7800 and only posts with attachments. That would be of some help, I would think. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Visual aid for us beginners...? #3  
Maybe the vast resources of the TBN membership could help on this one. How 'bout a sub-forum under photos for "Tractor Model Photos". Everyone could post their own tractor photo with the make and model as the subject. Repeats could be replies to the first one posting that model. No discussions, just photos. Moderators could keep things organized for easy access /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Visual aid for us beginners...? #4  
...and maybe links to some of our favorite tech sites for more info.

Yesterday's Tractors, TractorData.com, Nebraska Tractor Test Lab, and finally, Finding Old Iron, a big list of links organized by manufacturer.

The first link has extensive photo files. A general Google search may be better for modern units. Anytime someone mentions a model I can't vizualize, I try YT, then a general Google and usually come up with a pic in seconds. I "cntrl N" to open another browser window, then hit the YT site or Google for a pic, and if I feel like it, I'll link back to a reply in TBN. Very fast and efficient. Much as I'd love to have a good forum of photos and tech info here at TBN, other sites can be accessed quickly, too.

TractorSmart has a technical page that gives quick engine info on Kubota's and Massey's. I go there all the time to see what sized tractor people are talking about when referring to models I am not familiar with.