Dealer VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #11  
I'm looking to purchase a rebuilt yanmar tractor. ...
Somebody find the video for this guy. :D

There are US firms who import good used tractors from Japan. Then there are these US sales outlets owned by Vietnamese refurb factories. Long ago the owner of one of those, posted figures that averaged one man-month of labor applied to each tractor before they shipped it over. Legend has it that those factories' input is tractors brought used to VN long ago, run there for a couple of decades, then finally refurbed for export. And I've read here that no genuine Yanmar parts are sold by Yanmar to these refurb facories.

Locally here (Northern California) one of these VN refurb-factory branches provided good warranty service - but they took back so many warranty tractors that it buried them and they went out of business. There was another problem with that sales outlet - they were shipped nice clean refurbs of brands never sold in the US. The rebuilder didn't care, it was up to his US sales reps to unload the thing. The unsuspecting buyer might end up with the only tractor of its kind in the Western Hemisphere. I spoke to one such customer whose tractor had been in their shop over 30 days and nobody knew where to find parts. This wouldn't be a problem if you know which model Yanmar to buy, but it illustrates the disconnect between what the rebuilder wants to unload and what the US customer can actually use.

Summary - if you find a well respected model Yanmar and everything checks out ok you have pretty good odds of a good tractor. But its still a roll of the dice like buying anything 30 years old. That museum-quality paint doesn't tell you a thing about reliability.

Also - a roadside sales yard with no shop for warranty work probably isn't a good place to buy a refurb.

As Kenmac and Carey said - my first choice would be to pay a little more from a US firm who imports from Japan.

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #12  
careyo63 has had 2, I have one from Steve. Full disclosure, had one bug in it that was taken care of very quickly-no charge. A fellow at work bought a VN recon and is in the process of having a shadetree mechanic fix one of the front nuckles, he is paying for labor, parts and shipping. Not sure if he bought from the dealer in question but his dealer did tell him he did supply Steve on occasion. No easy way to say it, but that is just a lie. Steve is first class and will not sell you anything but you can buy a quality tractor from him. I hope that reads the way it is meant. I, personally, would be comfortable calling Steve and telling him to deliver a so and so model to the house and have the check already written. My money is hard earned as well. These machines have simple electrics and just are plain reliable. The guy at work saved a few bucks going VN but now is paying in down time and parts. IMHO do not let a few dollars tilt the scales. I am fairly certain the VN will be a bit cheaper but a year of warranty speaks for itself.

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #13  
As a local, FWIW don't use the Norcross company.

I've tried to get info from them and its NOT a fun time. Other businesses have been easier to reach, but its your dime in the end.

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #14  
The Viet recon tractors are good source for parts sales. They buy the parts tractors from Japan to rebuild. Would you rather buy a ten year old car that looks like new, the odometer is at zero, & the sellor tells you it was completely taken apart & put back together or an identical model car with low original miles, a little wear, & that is mechanically sound? II think they fix them enough to sell them. Give a warranty hoping they won't break down during the warranty. I've heard of VN tractors in several locations. I don't know if they are the same people, but I've heard of a VN Tractor Company that is in one location for a while & then leave & pop up somewhere else.

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga
Yep - looks like I'm heading to see Steve in Griffin.
Thanks

Thanks everybody for the solid advise.
I'm calling Steve in the am and check out his tractors.
I'm either buying a new Mahindra or a Yanmar from Steve. The price will make the decision for me.
The Mahindra is 15,900 for 3016 with loader - we'll see what the Yanmar cost.

Again,

Thanks to all you guys for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

Chuck

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #17  
I'm all for saving a dollar or two. I just seen a add Spalding ran on CL. for a 215 4wd for 7g. have him ad a loader and your save Thousands. My guess half the price for a better Manufactuered Tractor. I'm sure it has a Warrenty. If there's a problem It will normaly show up Quick. On the Ym2500 Only prob we had with it was due to operator error. Father Marty rest his soul was just going through the learning process of what "Not" to do. Nothing that I didn't correct easily or parts that even had to be replaced for that matter. Don't know much about the Mahindra's I'm big on GRN. thats why I even started looking at a Yanmar. On the YM2000 I bought from Steve. It's about bullet proof and your see there's alot of members on here that owns them. Now a days with fuel prices you absolutely can't go wrong. It will run all Weekend Long not just a couple hours a day on a tank of Diesel or about 20 bucks :p

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #18  
Somebody find the video for this guy. :D

There are US firms who import good used tractors from Japan. Then there are these US sales outlets owned by Vietnamese refurb factories. Long ago the owner of one of those, posted figures that averaged one man-month of labor applied to each tractor before they shipped it over. Legend has it that those factories' input is tractors brought used to VN long ago, run there for a couple of decades, then finally refurbed for export. And I've read here that no genuine Yanmar parts are sold by Yanmar to these refurb facories.

Locally here (Northern California) one of these VN refurb-factory branches provided good warranty service - but they took back so many warranty tractors that it buried them and they went out of business. There was another problem with that sales outlet - they were shipped nice clean refurbs of brands never sold in the US. The rebuilder didn't care, it was up to his US sales reps to unload the thing. The unsuspecting buyer might end up with the only tractor of its kind in the Western Hemisphere. I spoke to one such customer whose tractor had been in their shop over 30 days and nobody knew where to find parts. This wouldn't be a problem if you know which model Yanmar to buy, but it illustrates the disconnect between what the rebuilder wants to unload and what the US customer can actually use.

Summary - if you find a well respected model Yanmar and everything checks out ok you have pretty good odds of a good tractor. But its still a roll of the dice like buying anything 30 years old. That museum-quality paint doesn't tell you a thing about reliability.

Also - a roadside sales yard with no shop for warranty work probably isn't a good place to buy a refurb.

As Kenmac and Carey said - my first choice would be to pay a little more from a US firm who imports from Japan.

Here you go. I MUST buy a yanmar tractor | Xtranormal

/ VN Tractor Company Norcross Ga #19  
Yea i forgot about Steve. If i had to buy again i would buy from him. I see his ads on CL. He is selling YM2000 for basically the same thing that i bought my VN recon for. Prices may be up a bit due to market not sure but its within a few hundred $ on a YM2000 no loader of the same tractor at VN. Steve also gives a 1 year warrenty on his tractors VN only give either 30 or 90 days depending upon the place.

Thanks Careyo

Calling Steve today

Chuck