Voltage light on

/ Voltage light on #1  

johara1

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ventrac 4500P
I was mowing and the red light came on so I stopped and turned off the mower and the light goes out and the meter shows 14 volts with the mower off. Turn the mower on and it drops to 12, any ideas where to start or has anyone had this happen/ This is on a 4500P....... jim

/ Voltage light on
I was mowing and the red light came on so I stopped and turned off the mower and the light goes out and the meter shows 14 volts with the mower off. Turn the mower on and it drops to 12, any ideas where to start or has anyone had this happen/ This is on a 4500P....... jim

I figured it out the clutch was going bad... less than 400 hrs. now I found the radiator leaking..... Not to sure this Ventrac was a good move..... jim

/ Voltage light on #3  
My Deere 650 has similar clutch that had partial ground. That was many years ago and no more trouble. Make sure the clutch gaps are in spec and equal.

prs

/ Voltage light on
My Deere 650 has similar clutch that had partial ground. That was many years ago and no more trouble. Make sure the clutch gaps are in spec and equal.

prs

It was blowing fuses after the voltage drop and the red light came on. A new clutch cured it at the tune of 400.00. I was told it was no longer under warranty, 2 years on electrical, that was a lie, it is 3 years. then they told me that it was under engine warranty??? Kabota is two years on engines, well mine a 4500P That is warranted 3 yrs or 2000 hrs..... They will never see me again.... Now the radiator is leaking, and it is aluminum. I will not waste my time with the hassle of warranty, just took it out about a half hour and take it to a shop near me that fixes aluminum radiators and in two days it will be fixed. ..... jim

/ Voltage light on #5  
Same issue with my 4500P. Mow for an hour or so and voltage drops into the 12.3 range. When it drops to 12.2 the light and audible alarm sound. Shut mower deck off and the voltage will climb to about 13 volts if the throttle is left wide open. Just one of numerous problems with this 3 year old machine machine. Replaced instrument panel at least 4 times due to fogging. Last one was a newly designed panel to cure the fogging problem. Worked great until the first cool day of fall. Fogs up just like the first 4. I have had at least 3 slope meters replaced. Could be on level ground and the meter will go crazy saying you are on a 62 degree slope. Audible alarm sounds and you can't stop it. I've recalibrated the meter and it will work fine for awhile then does the same thing again. It has been one thing after another since I bought it brand new 3 yrs ago. Now out of warranty with the same issues repaired under warranty. I love the machine and the way it mows but not sure I would buy another because of all the issues. Sad thing is most issues are with things manufactured by a 3rd party and sold to Ventrac. Ventrac doesn't seem to pressure these manufacturers to get their problems solved. Unfortunately it reflects on Ventrac in the end. love the machine but I'm absolutely sick of all the issues that came with it.

/ Voltage light on #6  
I had the fogging issue. The cluster was replaced. It fogged again. I replaced the radiator cap and no more fogging. May not be the cure for all. My slope meter was replaced too and has (knock on wood) been reliable since. My speedometer digits do have instability, but I could hardly care less about that.

prs

/ Voltage light on
Same issue with my 4500P. Mow for an hour or so and voltage drops into the 12.3 range. When it drops to 12.2 the light and audible alarm sound. Shut mower deck off and the voltage will climb to about 13 volts if the throttle is left wide open. Just one of numerous problems with this 3 year old machine machine. Replaced instrument panel at least 4 times due to fogging. Last one was a newly designed panel to cure the fogging problem. Worked great until the first cool day of fall. Fogs up just like the first 4. I have had at least 3 slope meters replaced. Could be on level ground and the meter will go crazy saying you are on a 62 degree slope. Audible alarm sounds and you can't stop it. I've recalibrated the meter and it will work fine for awhile then does the same thing again. It has been one thing after another since I bought it brand new 3 yrs ago. Now out of warranty with the same issues repaired under warranty. I love the machine and the way it mows but not sure I would buy another because of all the issues. Sad thing is most issues are with things manufactured by a 3rd party and sold to Ventrac. Ventrac doesn't seem to pressure these manufacturers to get their problems solved. Unfortunately it reflects on Ventrac in the end. love the machine but I'm absolutely sick of all the issues that came with it.

My problem was the clutch, shut the mower off and voltage went up to 14.2-3 and turn the mower on and it drops down. I had voltage to the clutch so I bit the bullet and replaced it and all is good... The POS. panel fogs up and works some, MPH numbers are history. but I would like to know what they cost....... jim