Vote for the WTC Monument Idea.

/ Vote for the WTC Monument Idea. #1  

woodstock

Gold Member
Tractor
BX2200
My wife and I were talking about the immense quantity of material that has to be hauled away and wondering where they were taking it. The though that this would end up in a land fill site or some of it some how recycled seem very very unfitting and even immoral.

We then decided if it was up to us we would move it all to one accessible location, perhaps central park and create a mount, all of which would be buried. It would be buried in such a matter as to make it into a green monument. This should be a place to remember and contemplate the events of September 11, 2001.

I think this would be a fitting way of dealing with this task.

What do you have to say? How can we make this idea or something similar work?

Bx2200-(Altered,-Crop).jpg

Winnipeg, Manitoba
canadagoose.gif

2001 BX2200 (30 hrs)

/ Vote for the WTC Monument Idea. #2  
How about recycling the steel into a new WTC, as depicted in the attachment, sending a statement to all terrorists and the people that give them safe havens.

Attachments

• 6-70228-NewWorld.jpg
    6-70228-NewWorld.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 219
   / Vote for the WTC Monument Idea. #3  
My thought was to take the rubble and dump it off the island and make a park. The towers need to be rebuilt. With 1.5 million tons of material that should be quite a park. I just did some math! OH NO! So someone check me, but I came up with 457 acres of material 1 foot deep.

Yikes but that is a big number. I must be wrong. 1.5 million tons * 2000 to get the total number of pounds of material. Divide that number by 150 pounds per cubic foot of material. Divide that number by 43681(roughly an acre(209x209)). That gave me 457.9 acres. Obviously steel weighs more than concrete but even taking the 457 down a third( having the material weigh 450 pounds per cubic foot) still is 152 acres of material one foot deep.

Have one nice size addition to Manhatten for a park....

I heard that the towers and surrounding space took up all of 15-16 acres. Does anyone know what the area is at Ground Zero? I can't believe its only 15 acres or so......

Where is my math error? /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Later...
Dan McCarty