VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM

Scout Motors' US Factory Will Produce Rugged, 'Not-a-Jelly-Bean' EVs With Chunky Buttons

www.autoevolution.com.ico
autoevolution|8 hours ago
Scout Motors broke ground of its first EV factory in South Carolina, with plans to build rugged, all-electric trucks with a good old mechanical feel ...

Scout Motors breaks ground on US facility where it will build its all-electric off-road trucks

electrek.co.ico
Electrek|21 hours ago
Born again truck brand Scout Motors hit a significant milestone this morning, breaking ground in Blythewood, South Carolina,

Apparently they had a line of vintage Scouts carry some bricks from the old plant to the site of the new one.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #3  
It would be nice if they could recreate the lines of the original. However, speaking for myself only, 'off-road' and 'EV' just don't go together as of yet.
Nope. The last thing I want is being 30 miles from a paved road and having no juice to move the vehicle.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #6  
Offroad by definition is away from civilization (and electrictiy). I expect that 'EV Scout' doesn't even have a spare tire.

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #8  

Apparently they had a line of vintage Scouts carry some bricks from the old plant to the site of the new one.

Would have inspired more confidence if they could have hauled the bricks with electric vehicles.

But that would have probably delayed the groundbreaking ceremony for a few days . . .

/ VW To Resurrect the IH Scout as an Electric Vehicle. #10  
I had several Scouts and IH trucks. Ran great but the body only lasted 3 years. Build a diesel Scout and you have a deal.