W.R. Long Grapple on 2520

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520 #1  

Ronster

Gold Member
Tractor
John Deere 2520, John Deere X739, Kubota U27-4, Kubota RTV 500
Does anyone have a W.R.Long grapple on their 2520? I was gonna order the 3rd hyd valve kit from the dealer and was told that putting a grapple on the 200CX loader was a bad idea. He claims the loader/mounting brackets are not up to the task. I'm wanting to move mostly brush. The RBG2 54" grapple weighs +/- 339 lbs.

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520 #2  
I would tend to agree with the dealer. Besides not having much umph left over to lift brush, once you get a bite on the brush there will be a lot of side pull and twist to the FEL. Likely its designed to just lift things straight up, and not pull things sideways.

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520
That's about how the dealer put it. But looking at the forum, it seems as though a few have tried it. It's hard to justify (i.e. explain to spouse unit ) a JD3000 just so I can buy a grapple.

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520 #4  
Hard, but worth a try. :D :D

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520 #5  
I have the Markham (now Gator Attachments) LD-48 grapple on my 4110 (Very similar to your 2520) The specs on the WR Long grapple is almost identical to my grapple.

There are some pictures of my setup in this thread: Markham Grapple w/John Deere QA setup - TractorByNet.com

Long story short...your machine will handle a grapple very well.

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520 #6  
Good Morning,

It's Nelson at W. R. Long. I just checked and we have sold 7 RBG2's for the 2520 tractor. I have not received any calls saying that having the RBG2 on the loader has caused any problems. We also sell other grapples, 4n1 buckets, forks for the 200CX. We are very cautious about what we recommend for what loaders. Based on what I know the RBG2 would be a good fit for your loader.

I'll be happy answer any questions you might have.

Nelson

Does anyone have a W.R.Long grapple on their 2520? I was gonna order the 3rd hyd valve kit from the dealer and was told that putting a grapple on the 200CX loader was a bad idea. He claims the loader/mounting brackets are not up to the task. I'm wanting to move mostly brush. The RBG2 54" grapple weighs +/- 339 lbs.

Thanks for the info everyone. I started a thread in the hyd forum to see if anyone had installed the 3rd scv and hyd beyond kits sold by deere. No replies yet. Not sure if installing an electric diverter valve would be easier.
Ronster

/ W.R. Long Grapple on 2520 #8  
I installed a diverter on my tractor...pretty easy to do. There are several threads on adding aftermarket remote valves and diverters to machines similar to yours. I have read of no one who has the JD 3rd SCV kit-but lots who have the PB kit.

Here is a picture of what my grapple can do:

Attachments

• DSC08925 (Large).JPG
    DSC08925 (Large).JPG
    197.7 KB · Views: 594
Thanks for the pic. That's an awesome grapple. Just what I need (want).