walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue

/ walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue #11  
walk4rams said:
just changed the oil (darker than I like). It appears that the oil was changed at 57 hrs (previous owner), and I just changed the oil & lubed at 193 hrs. Thinking about an early oil change and not going 100 hrs as allowed to clean up the engine.

I don't know if I would let the color of the oil bother your. My TC29D I can change the oil and within 20 hours it is pretty black. Changing it earlier won't hurt and peace of mind would be worth it.

murph

/ walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue #12  
I agree; dark oil in a diesel engine is normal. 100 hour or yearly is okay. I did switch to synthetic oil on my TC 29 and was amazed how much easier it started in cold weather. CNH now says synthetic is ok.

/ walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue
Thanks again for the info. I have two diesel trucks and the oil is also discolored soon after being changed. I put a new temp sending unit in the tractor based on the dealers recommendation (gauge checked out ok) but it still does not work, either a wire issue or the antifreeze go on the contact when I changed it. I probbly should change my discussion out of the buying pricing forum but this is where I got stared, sorry for any inconvience, off to buy the bolt on cutting edge.

/ walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue #14  
Check fuse on temp guage circuit. Also you can disconnect wire to unit and see if guage moves ( ground out) CNH dealer should be able to give you an omh reading to see if guage is ok. You may have gotten a defective sending unit. You did change the temp sending unit and not the oil sending unit I hope.

/ walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue #15  
Another note; spray all linkages under fender wells with wd-40 or spray silicone to keep them moving freely, these switches and moveable parts can cause headaches if not lubed. Spray the tilt wheel top of the cylinder also to keep it from freezing up also.

/ walk 4-rams TC-29 test Drive Temp Issue #16  
How much is he selling it for?