Walk behind sickle mowers

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #11  
Here is a website for the Jari mower.
http://www.year-a-round.com/jari_sickle_mower.html#2

I know that a few years ago I bought some new sections, some rivets and a complete sickle bar for mine. They were a little pricy, but not prohibitive in price. Like most things that run thru rocks, dirt and other stuff involved in mowing there is some maintenance. It is pretty easy to repair the bar when you break a section and keeping them shape is not hard, it just takes a little time and care.

The overall design has changed little and the power required to mow is pretty small. I believe a 3 hp motor would drive a Jari pretty well. I see they offer a 6 hp and I think probably that is over kill even for the 60" bar. Probably there are not many quality engines below 6hp these days.

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #12  
J J...Do you still have this sickle mower available, and if so how much do you want for it?? Redman email: redbethune@yahoo.com

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #13  
i have a new one never used willing to sell model #15005 4 hp briggs no front attachment ive seen on ebayfront (attachment) send message or call at cell 203 219 0694 craig in ct will be listing on ebay soon so act fast

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #14  
i have a new one never used willing to sell model #15005 4 hp briggs no front attachment ive seen on ebayfront (attachment) send message or call at cell 203 219 0694 craig in ct will be listing on ebay soon so act fast

What are you asking for it, any pictures?

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #15  
I aquired 4 acres & am trying to find a sicle bar mower that I can use because there are areas a brush hog & tractor can't go. I can't find anyone around here that will mow the pasture for me so my goats can walk around. I live in NW Missouri. Any suggestions?

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #16  
Seems there are several on Craigslist around here quite often. Usually Troy Bilt or BCS, the Troy Bilt tend to be 300-500 and the BCS 1000-2000. I have used a Gravely also, works well if you keep the speed reasonable.

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #17  
This isn't a sickle bar mower but I bought a Swisher Predator walk behind brush hog last year that does pretty good for me.
About 1/3 the price of a Gravely.
I did have to modify the handle bars.
I'm only 5'10" and had to stoop to use it
Works good now

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #18  
I have a Troy Bilt walk behind for sale. Used very little by in laws. New sickle bar $100 comes with it. $400.00 obo. Electric start capable. My husband bought a small tractor with a mower so we don't need it.

/ Walk behind sickle mowers #19  
I have a Troy Bilt walk behind for sale. Used very little by in laws. New sickle bar $100 comes with it. $400.00 obo. Electric start capable. My husband bought a small tractor with a mower so we don't need it.