Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna?

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #11  
I researched and bought an Echo / Bearcat brand trimmer 2 yrs ago. Seemed well built compared to most residential products. Didn't see a DR in person but Echo / Bearcat looks similarly stout for a bit less money.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #12  
I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but DR has redesigned their trimmer/mower and is having a clearance sale on the old models. I got a DR with the tilt feature for less than the Sears and about the same as the Husqvarna. ($349 with free shipping for the 6.25 "Sprint" model). If the O.P. is still shopping, now might be the time to hit the DR web site.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #13  
I know this thread is a couple weeks old, but DR has redesigned their trimmer/mower and is having a clearance sale on the old models. I got a DR with the tilt feature for less than the Sears and about the same as the Husqvarna. ($349 with free shipping for the 6.25 "Sprint" model). If the O.P. is still shopping, now might be the time to hit the DR web site.

DR now as the smallest machine new model I believe for $399 with free shipping. Seems like a pretty good deal, but has a made in China Kohler engine. Not sure where you would get parts for the engine if not from DR. Also looking at a Swisher model at tractor supply for $299 and it has a B & S engine.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #14  
Click the link for "clearance models". 6.25 Sprint model has Briggs and Stratton engine and a price of $349. Do I care if it is last year's model? No.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #15  
I have the Swisher model from TSC, and it works great. We bought it to trim under our electric fence, and the main selling point was that the trimming head is offset to the right, so when pushed parallel to our fence line, it cuts the grass/weeds under the fence. We have used it fairly heavily to clear a road in a very overgrown pasture, and to maintain our fence lines. The B&S engine works great! Just make sure you wear eye protection.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #16  
I have one of the oldest DR Pro series. Replaced the POS Tecumseh engine that my father had spent more on keeping that engine running than for the whole machine. Got a brand new heavy flywheel B&S engine that was compatible for about $120 and it is incredible what it will cut through. The best line will last a long time as long as you don't hit too much wire, woody material, or rock. I have never had anything wrap around the head. I have run it through thick grassy weeds over 4 ft tall and it doesn't strain at all. A face shield is recommended in terrain that deep, because it destroys the grass and you will be covered in debris.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #17  
I forgot to add that this is the model that I have:

st67522bs_002_1.jpg

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #18  
I've got an old DR. Can't remember the year but I'm guessing 20 years or more. The only issue I had is the B&S engine used some form of plastic in the carb. The needle valve for the float seals against it. The Ethanol gas destroyed it so I had to replace the carb with one that's Ethanol friendly. Can't blame DR for that. The battery has long since died so it's only pull start now. I am on my original belt but it's in real bad shape but 20 years out of a belt is good.

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #19  
I have an older DR walk behind trimmer. Engine and clutch are fine. Having a heck of a time finding string that wont break immediately. This includes the DR replacement string. Any advice on what I might use?

/ Walk Behind Trimmer/Mower.. which is the best for the $.......DR Power, Husqvarna? #20  
Note to site manager: When trying to access Page 1 of this thread it produces a "Page Not Available" screen.

Aside from that, if I offered to give someone $400.00 +/- to buy a walk behind string trimmer, which one would you buy and why, and based upon your actual experience?