Walker's F Series Thread

/ Walker's F Series Thread #71  
Thanks arto! It's neat to see the differences in deck design. If I had found a rear discharge in my proce range I would have bought it for sure.
It is interesting to see the difference between my rear discharge deck baffles and Arto's. My baffles surround the blade chamber, but taper to a shallower dimension toward the rear. As Arto noted, his deck is wide open at the discharge side.

Doug

/ Walker's F Series Thread
I edited some video together, nothing fancy. Mowing the front area with the F series. This is before the baffles, there is one angle I got from the mower deck, left side, you can see grass blowing up all over the place!

/ Walker's F Series Thread #73  
Looks like it's working very good!

In out neck of the woods it's been very dry with practically no rain since start of May and the yard is brown - this is normal for us most years.
The only mowing needed is the odd weed here and there.

Mowing season restarts sometime in October usually...

/ Walker's F Series Thread #74  
Looks like it's working very good!

In out neck of the woods it's been very dry with practically no rain since start of May and the yard is brown - this is normal for us most years.
The only mowing needed is the odd weed here and there.

Mowing season restarts sometime in October usually...
Yep,

Same here, being a few miles north of Arto. Mowing dandelions is all there is to do. I have been going 10-14 days between mowing.

By the way Walker- it looks like you need a larger mower! Or, I need a much smaller one :giggle:. Definitely looks like it is working well for you. Probably better with the new baffles?

Doug

It is much much better with the baffles and discharge chute on. I also sharpened the blades and cleaned out the deck after the mowing in the video above. I should have just stopped and done it then but I was in a rush I suppose.

I only mowed the front area with the F a few times, mainly testing it out
:)

The next mowing will likely be with the M series and 7' Shulte. I'm going to talk to a neighbor and see if they are interested in cutting it for hay next year. The neighbor across the street used to bale it but landed a couple of big fields and can't mess with this little piece anymore.

Summer heat really set in the last few weeks here. Luckily still lots of green grass since we had a wetter than average June/July.

Forecast as of 7-31, I am very surprised to see any chance of rain, very odd but will be welcome of course:

Screenshot_20230731_230631_Chrome.jpg

/ Walker's F Series Thread #76  
Here in the PNW, it has been dry, but not as hot as your location. We had about .3 inches last month, but that is pretty much it since...I guess I can't remember when. Rain would be welcome here, that is for sure.

Doug

I meant to ask this when I changed the fluid a while back... the hydraulic fluid filter that was on it was blue, anyone know roughly when Kubota stopped using blue filters? I've only seen white ones from my dealer since I've had Kubotas over the last 15 years or so.

20230812_083817.jpg

Another video! I hope this helps future prospective F series buyers to make their decision.

I tried to mow this pond dam with a ZD1211 (turf tires, no extra weights) and I didn't make it a couple feet before it was sliding and totally helpless, had to pull it up with my side by side. I figured this would be the case but just had to see it for myself.

The more I mow with this machine the more I like it.. I've gotten used to the feel of it and can get close to objects like it's second nature now.

/ Walker's F Series Thread #79  
I like how the rear of your deck is radiused so you can back into an object to trim behind it. Mine deck is squared off in the back, so the blade tip can not get anywhere near to whatever it is you are trying to trim closer to from behind.

Doug

/ Walker's F Series Thread #80  
Another video! I hope this helps future prospective F series buyers to make their decision.

I tried to mow this pond dam with a ZD1211 (turf tires, no extra weights) and I didn't make it a couple feet before it was sliding and totally helpless, had to pull it up with my side by side. I figured this would be the case but just had to see it for myself.

The more I mow with this machine the more I like it.. I've gotten used to the feel of it and can get close to objects like it's second nature now.

I wonder if the grass was damp/wet? Mine won’t slide if grass is dry. If wet, it’ll slide a little.