Wallace Implements (just an FYI)

/ Wallace Implements (just an FYI) #1  

Steve_S

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC2300
As I said in the KingKutter discussion, my local TSC suggested Wallace over KingKutter for price and quality in their opinion. I did some research and found the link to the site if anyone is interested in checking them out. I think I will call them. I am looking for a Middle buster, one row cultivator, and landscape rake. From what I have seen they look like a good product.

http://www.wallacemfg.com/ag/products/<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by sdsjr3 on 03/21/01 12:59 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

/ Wallace Implements (just an FYI) #2  
sdsjr3 (and any other new members)

If you'd like to make the URL a clickable link, you can use the markups that Muhammad has supplied like this (just take out the spaces around the "url" stuff)

[ url ]http://www.wallacemfg.com/ag/products/[ /url ]

Then you should get this:
http://www.wallacemfg.com/ag/products/

The GlueGuy

/ Wallace Implements (just an FYI)
Thanks GlueGuy, I appreciate the tip!

/ Wallace Implements (just an FYI) #4  
Both my rear blade and middle buster from TSC, both by built by Wallace. Occasionally talking to other customers at TSC browsing their implements, I understand that these are not intended to be heavy-duty devices. You can see that they are not shoddy, but they do not carry the weight and strength of other better-known vendors. So, I believe that Wallace would not be a good choice for commercial or high-stress use. For average homeowner use, they should be OK. And have proven capable for my use over the last year. No complaint, except for one….

One consideration with the Wallace implements. The top link attachment will not use the standard Cat-1 pin. For some reason, the top-link attachment holes are 1" diameter, 4" spread. The bottom pins standard 5/8" diameter. So, the bottom links will attach as-is, but you will have to get a longer 5/8" pin for the top, with a large enough head that it will not slip through a 1" hole. What this mean is there is free-play in the top. I happened to have had a pipe, 5/8" ID and 15/16" OD. So, I cut some sleeves to take the free-play out (don't think the free-play impacted the effectiveness of the implements, but it bothered me).

So, I guess you get what you pay for. They are less expensive, but they are not built like as well as some other equipment.

I don't know who manufactures the TSC tillers, (the red ones), but IMHO, I would be hesitant to buy one of them. I have noticed a lot of returned ones laying in their yard over the past year. The salesman at TSC told me that they do get more returns for failure than they would like. (He wouldn't specify what the return rate was, but he did state that the vast majority of returns opt for their money back, not a replacement unit. Tells me that there may be a quality problem).

Roy