Wallenstein BX-42s with my John Deere 2520

/ Wallenstein BX-42s with my John Deere 2520 #21  
Pics or it didn't happen!!

:laughing:
Matt

/ Wallenstein BX-42s with my John Deere 2520 #24  
Looking good! Makes me want to go out and make some mulch...

/ Wallenstein BX-42s with my John Deere 2520 #25  
You guys are a bad influence,

Just got the BX42 today, tried it for 30 min and it is just awesome. We still have snow in Quebec so I am keeping some work for later on when the weather is better. Was a bit confused on which end the shear pin should go with the shaft but after reading the instructions I concluded it had to be attached to the chipper.

Here are a few shots.

Gyro

Attachments

• image-3110700752.png
    image-3110700752.png
    862.4 KB · Views: 272
  • image-461157887.jpg
    image-461157887.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 278
   / Wallenstein BX-42s with my John Deere 2520 #27  
Hi Guys,

I just bought a used BX-42 chipper. Maybe 1 in 10 branches self-feeds. The owner sharpened the blades for me and presumably adjusted them correctly.

In your experience, if its not self-feeding is it typically due to dull or improperly adjusted blades? That would be my guess but since I just got this thing I'm not sure what normal performance is. From the videos I've seen on youtube, it appears mine isn't feeding the way it should.

Thanks.

/ Wallenstein BX-42s with my John Deere 2520 #28  
hello MnBobcat,

From my little experience so far with it, I have been using it for approximately 3-4 hours total. It varies with the type of wood and if it is dry or green. It self feeds nicely with evergreen branches recently cut I found, old dry wood have a tendency to kick back a bit from the blades and you have to keep pushing them back in. The adjustment from the blades (spacing from blades to the adjustable bar at the bottom) is pretty important. Mine was self feeding nicely until I threw a couple of root balls and a couple of small rocks were stuck in it. I had to re adjust the spacing to 1/32 inch between the rotor and stationary blades.

Gyro