Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #11  
What timing I too am just about to pull the trigger on a BXM32 for my BX2360. I called Woodwardcrossing yesterday and got the best price out of all the close by dealers. At the closest dealer I would have to pick it up 50 miles away and they were $278.00 more then getting it shipped to my lumber yard by Woodwardcrossing. We heat mainly with wood so anything over 3" would not be chipped .

We built our new home on 22 acres of wooded land and have started to clear the under brush and cut down the standing dead oaks that we must have 200+ of. Just wondering if this unit will mulch up the small oak branches as they are very dry and hard.

All so if you can stand another built my house in the wood post we have pictures from start to finish that if you begged I could post over the next few weeks. :)

Sure would like to see them.:reading:

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #12  
I have Wallenstein BX42 with manual feed. I've powered it with 25 hp pto and now 56 hp pto. It has never given a moments problem. I'm chipping about 95% Ponderosa pine and the rest is mixed - apple, locust, birch. I NEVER limb anything and the chipper simply grabs the trunk/limb/brush and pulls the tree in. Anything bigger then three inches is saved for firewood. If I had a BX62 then I would have to cut the trunks into pieces because I find it just a little difficult to lift a full pine tree that is six inches at the butt. Besides, a six inch tree is firewood up to around three inches or so.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #13  
My BX-42 has no problems with twigs if they are still attached to a limb -- the whole thing gets sucked in and chopped up. However, don't bother to feed in twigs by themselves, it's **** near impossible. Sometimes I can get twigs to ride in with another limb, but generally it's impossible. If you have a lot of twiggy pieces separate, definitely go with a chipper+shredder.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #14  
What timing I too am just about to pull the trigger on a BXM32 for my BX2360.
Just wondering if this BXM32 will mulch up the small oak branches as they are very dry and hard.

I n d u b i t a b l y.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #15  
All so if you can stand another built my house in the wood post we have pictures from start to finish that if you begged I could post over the next few weeks. :)

Please please please......
also, post a link to your thread in this one so we all know when you post your pics! Thanks. :thumbsup:

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #16  
After having put in about 20 hours chipping I strongly advise getting the biggests "throat" you can. Unless all you are chipping is pretrimmed straight pieces.

I ran across so many gnarly limbs that I had to bend to get into the 8"chute of my Jinma that I daily patted myself on the back for not getting a 4" chipper.

Very often I had limbs <1" diameter with forks and bends in them so bad they couldn't fit in the 8" throat without forcing.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #17  
s219,
Your "no twig" statement is interesting. I have the same chipper and have no problems with twigs. As a matter of fact, I use a grass rake to gather the twigs as I'm chipping and throw them into the chipper by the handfuls with no problems. I have 30-35 hours on my original side of the blades and they are still sharp (light drag down the blade will deeply cut finger). It must be the kind of twigs - mine are all Ponderosa pine.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #18  
Please please please......
also, post a link to your thread in this one so we all know when you post your pics! Thanks. :thumbsup:

Ok started a thread over in the projects forums call the building of 101 Pepperbush Lane.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #19  
I have the BX42. I wish I had the BX62 just so I didn't have to trim branches as much before feeding, but its truly amazing what will fit in the 4x10 throat. The only jams I have had have been from trying to feed twigs and leaves thru it, so I chip down to where the branches get small and then pull them out of the chute and toss them on the ground to go over with my brush hog. Problem solved. I would love to have the hydraulic feed since at the end of the day my arms look like I lost a cat fight with a tiger. I don't wear sleeves since I don't want them getting caught in the branches. The Wallensteins are awesome.

/ Wallenstein Chipper or Chipper/Shredder #20  
I have Wallenstein BX42 with manual feed. I've powered it with 25 hp pto and now 56 hp pto. It has never given a moments problem. I'm chipping about 95% Ponderosa pine and the rest is mixed - apple, locust, birch. I NEVER limb anything and the chipper simply grabs the trunk/limb/brush and pulls the tree in. Anything bigger then three inches is saved for firewood. If I had a BX62 then I would have to cut the trunks into pieces because I find it just a little difficult to lift a full pine tree that is six inches at the butt. Besides, a six inch tree is firewood up to around three inches or so.

I just looked to see where Amber was. I have never seen a Wallenstein over on this side of the hill. Did you have trouble find Wallensteins on your side or do the dealers carry them in stock?