Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota?

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota?
AndyMA said:
The 40 to 50 hp New Hollands are Japenese. The TN series which is slightly above this and arguably the best entry level Utility tractor is made in Italy. You mention Branson as if it is a significient player in this price range. I would argue that it is barely a player.

Andy

Thanks Andy. I mention Branson because I seem to hear a lot about them. It's tough to get straight feedback: you go into a Branson forum and everyone there who's bought one of course loves it. You know, you get married and your friends ask how it is.

So right now I'm hearing good about Branson, Mahindra. A friend has a Korean Long and loves it but there are low-hour older ones sitting around broken in barns here w/ parts NA.

I'll look again at NH if they're Japanese. I've had bad luck w/ Italian machinery and don't want it. Put another way, if I were going into space I'd want an Italian chef but I'd want the ship to be Japanese.

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota?
SnowRidge said:
Bransons are made in Korea by Kukje, Korea's largest ag equipment manufacturer. They are rugged, reliable, and have an excellent warranty. Kukje builds or has built tractors for Branson, John Deere, Century, and Zetor, as well as their own brand. They also build engines for Cummins.

Branson Tractors

Kukje
\
Thanks. You have one and like it?

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #13  
jfh0jfh said:
\
Thanks. You have one and like it?
Yes, a 3520 I bought about five years ago. It's a shuttle shift with two stage clutch, which I prefer over single stage. Most standard transmission tractors seem to have done away with the two stage clutch these days. I think Branson has, too, but I'm not positive. I haven't really kept up with the market all that much.

I've had minor problems, but nothing serious. Branson and my dealer were very good about taking care of the problems under warranty.

I would certainly buy another Branson, if I were in the market today, but I would also look at other brands. I am not a brand loyalty fanatic. The dealer is important too, and the great dealer I had has been bought out by a not-so-great dealer. If I buy another tractor -- of any make -- I will first find a decent dealer.

Good luck, and take a look at Branson, if they have a dealer in your area. They tend to be a very good buy.

/ Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #14  
   / Want 40-50 HP tractor. Branson? Kubota? #15  
I think Massey Ferguson makes some of the nicest tractors out there.