Tractor Sizing Want to trade up What size for me

/ Want to trade up What size for me #1  

Gas Man

Tractor
Kubuta B-7500
I currently have a B-7500 and I have had the itch for a new machine since this winter:licking:. I can't say the B-7500 hasn't been able to handle anything I have asked her to do but with winter on the way a bigger and heavier tractor is on my wish list.
I have two homes in the Shenadoah Valley that I have to maintain (bad timing with the real estate market):( both lots are 6 acres with plenty of rocks some slight grade variations. A big use will be mowing but these are not manicured lawn mostly field grass turned into lawn. I will need to mow around 6 acres and brush cut another 6. This past winter was a killer in regards to snow typical winter has 2 storms that require plowing. Some dirt work mostly just moving material around the yard. Also try to help with road plowing private road sub-division.
I have been looking at and researching two machines the L-3700 SU and the B-3300 SU.
What is the opinion of the board?

/ Want to trade up What size for me #2  
Well I traded my B7500 for a L3400HST Plus Power with LA463 loader .
Basically the same as the L3700SU except for 1 horsepower. Near as I can tell.
I love the larger tractor, I dont know much about the B3300, as there wasnt one around to look at the day I went tractor shopping. The photos posted here on one of the threads about 2 weeks ago showed them side by side and the L3700SU was quite a bit beefier. At least in appearance. You just need to look at them and decide which one is right for you. My L3400HST is about twice the tractor as the B7500 as far as lift ability and push and dig ability. I really like it a lot, and I am not sorry I traded, even with the payment vs. no payment before.. Dont get me wrong I liked the B7500 also. It worked very well for 8 years for me. Good Luck
James K0UA

/ Want to trade up What size for me
Thanks for the reply.
I noticed from your profile you have a 4 foot king kutter brush hog is it just to small for your new machine or does it work fine.
One of my concerns I have implements fitted for the B-7500 Woods 6000RD finish mower and a howse 4 ft cutter and Woods 5 ft rear blade.

/ Want to trade up What size for me #4  
I noticed from your profile you have a 4 foot king kutter brush hog is it just to small for your new machine or does it work fine.

Yes it does. but, I live in the woods, and dont field mow, this is just to clean up brush around the house and yard, If I had a large field to mow, I would think I would want at least a 5 foot. to more match the size of the new tractor. but it works fine for what I do with it. I use it several times a year, and it is paid for:laughing: I am still trying to decide what to do about the 5 foot rear blade, could really use a 6 foot. I just use it for snow. and who knows maybe it wont snow this year?:D sure needed it a lot last year.
James K0UA

/ Want to trade up What size for me #5  
Either way you go you could go up to a 5' bush hog and a 6' finish mower if the areas you mow allow for the larger size. The step up in size would be two fold if you go to the L3700 but the B3300 is only one step up in size. If you have tight places where the B7500 could easily get around but you kind of had to pay attention then the L might be too big. I was in the exact same shoes last year when I got bitten by the bug to up the size from a B7510. I went back and forth between an L2800 and a B7800 and ended up getting the B. The size increase was enough to make previously roomy places seem quite small. Glad I didn't go with the bigger machine. I sure liked that B7510 tho. It was much more the case of me wanting a larger machine then really needing one. I must have cought that bug from someone on TBN.

/ Want to trade up What size for me #6  
Get the L series....Just traded my 2 month(29 hr) B3300SU back in on a L2800XtraPower. I found that I could not stand the vibration of the B3300 at PTO speeds, it would put my feet to sleep. The B series uses a 4 cylinder engine and the L series(L2800-L3400-L3700) uses a 3 cylinder engine, however it has hardly any vibration at PTO speed. The L series is a much heavier and beefier construction. Try both of them out and make your own decision. The B3300 is nimbler and easier to handle but the L2800/3400/3700 is much more tractor. Just my opinion. Hope this helps, don't do what I did, it cost a lot to trade back tractors!!

Curt

/ Want to trade up What size for me #7  
I don't know how much the larger frame on the L3700SU will limit your manuverability. It is the first tractor I have ever owned other than a Scotts lawn tractor (read riding 42" lawnmower :D ) Compared to the B3300SU it is only 6 inches longer and is 2 inches narrower. Compared to the B7500 it is 16 inches longer and 8 inches narrower. It is surprising to me to find that the L3700 is more narrower than the B series of tractors and not all that longer considering the "beefier build".

I have been able to get the L3700SU almost everywhere I could get the Scotts into. It takes a bit more room to make a u-turn than the Scotts did, but the wheel base is a "few" inches longer :laughing: I don't know off the top of my head the diff length and width of the Scotts, but let's just say it is substantial with the L3700 being much larger. :laughing:

I am in the process of thinning out a lot of underbrush and saplings in a wooded area and have gotten into (and back out of) a lot of places that have really surprised me.

/ Want to trade up What size for me
How did the stability of the 3700 feel it is quite a step up from a garden tractor?
Hopefully you had more luck with your Scotts than I had my rocky hilly 6 acres beat that thing to pieces, best move for my backside I ever made was going to my B-7500:laughing:

/ Want to trade up What size for me #9  
I prefer the Grand L Series for the tilt steering, protected steering linkage and flat operator platform, but between the two mentioned, I would go with the L3700. I can't improve on the reasons put forth so far.

/ Want to trade up What size for me #10  
I just sold my B7500 this spring and stepped up in size. My dealer and I parked a L3700su next to a B3030 and a B2320 so I could compare where I was verse how big I wanted to go. This really helped me make the decision of what I wanted for a future tractor. I know where my B7500 could go and was afraid the L3700 was just too big. I ended up going with the B3030 and I couldn't be happier, it goes almost everywhere the old 7500 would go with more power and almost double the lift capacity. With all the extra bells and whistles it was only $800 more than the L3700. Also spend the extra $ for the ATI SSQA its worth every penny.