*Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #1  

klem531

Tractor
Ford New Holland 1620
Hi all, I'm looking for Non. Regenerative spool for the loader control valve on my 1620. The Lcv is a Kayaba. I'm running a 716b snowblower and the regen is preventing the schute from rotating one direction.. If you have one and are willing to part With it please let me know. Or if you know where I can find one (besides from New Holland because they want a gazillion dollars for it) please let me know. Thanks

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #2  
Why are you staying in regen? Either go past regen or never go into regen.

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader
On my New Holland it doesn't work that way. I don't have a certain point in the lever travel where regen starts or ends. It's there all the time. I contacted new holland and they confirmed the only way to make it work is to change the spool.

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #4  
Are you sure about that, as I have not heard of a valve that has constant regen.

I could be wrong, people are always doing stupid things.

It is not logical that you would have regen all the time. It is fast, but lower power.

Regen takes the rod side fluid and combines it with the pump flow into the base and just about doubles the speed of operation.

When in regen, one of the work ports is blocked off, so how does a cyl fill with fluid and dump fluid to the OUT port.

Try this, lay your bucket on the ground and tilt the bucket down and see if the bucket will raise the tractor wheels off the ground.

Try moving the valve to a non regen mode and try the same thing.

Again, regen is in either the first part of lever movement or it is to the far right.

If your valve is very different, I will try and look further into it.

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #5  
Unfortunately some of the earlier NH's (like early Kubota BX's) had 3-way valves on them from the factory.

Here is and OLD post that does a good job of explaining it-but it sounds like you know the issues already. The easiest solution for you is to add a new remote valve, there may even be a OEM kit on eBay or such for that. There are lots of threads about adding remotes.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-buying-pricing/9403-3-position-valve-vs-4-a.html

Last edited:
JJ, I am positive my Lcv is this way. When I connected the schute rotation motor to the dump circuit, it will rotate left no problem. When I try to rotate right, it will attempt to move (about a half inch or so) then stop. I've tried all positions of the stick and the results are always the same. :-(

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #7  
Klem,
Temporary fix until you find the correct valve is to use the bucket control for raise lower and loader control for chute rotation. Takes a little getting used to but will allow you run what you have.

Bucket Curl = blower lift
Bucket Dump = blower lower

Bucket lift = chute left
Bucket lower = chute right

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #8  
Klem,
Temporary fix until you find the correct valve is to use the bucket control for raise lower and loader control for chute rotation. Takes a little getting used to but will allow you run what you have.

Bucket lift = chute left

Good advice!

Klem,

Bucket lift = chute left
Thanks for the tip and that's what I have been doing. Took some getting used to but it's functional. The biggest issue is not having float in this configuration. I hit a dip where our private road meets the county road and the next thing I knew the front end of the tractor came off the ground wheels a spinnin lol!

/ *Wanted: Non-Regeneratibe spool for New Holland 1620 / 7108 loader #10  
Have you did the test like I said to verify whether you have full regen and nothing else when using the bucket curl down.

I would definitely like to know.

Anyone else using a NH tractor can you verify about the regen.