Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #1  

pa2000xxxx

Tractor
John Deere 4500
Already have 1 rear valve. Wont be using it much. Any shortcuts to getting hydraulic hoses from front to rear? By shortcut i mean ready to go...or will i need to custom make and give every detail/angles/fittings?

Last edited:
   / Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #2  
Are you wanting to have some lines permanently mounted from rear to front for grapple connections?
An option is run hoses from rear to front if you can route them out of the way. Less fittings and not as pretty but works.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #3  
I run hoses from a rear remote to a quick attach snow plow on the loader. Remove them when the plow comes off.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #4  
I have two rear remotes and use my top link all the time while rarely ever use the tilt. I plan to run lines to the front, from the tilt ports, to operate my grapple once it arrives next month. No biggie..

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve
Are you wanting to have some lines permanently mounted from rear to front for grapple connections?
An option is run hoses from rear to front if you can route them out of the way. Less fittings and not as pretty but works.
Yes that's what I'm wanting to do. Just curious if anyone knows if there are ready made kits for this or if it's all custom lines (measure, give specific angle info etc)
I run hoses from a rear remote to a quick attach snow plow on the loader. Remove them when the plow comes off.
did u get the hoses custom made somewhere? Hoping I can find a shop/online that essentially has a "kit" of parts ready to go

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve
I have two rear remotes and use my top link all the time while rarely ever use the tilt. I plan to run lines to the front, from the tilt ports, to operate my grapple once it arrives next month. No biggie..
Where u getting these lines from? Custom made at hydraulic shop?

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #7  
Where u getting these lines from? Custom made at hydraulic shop?
When I put together my rear remotes, I just bought a valve and then fabbed my own brackets for the rear remotes and for the valve. Then drove my tractor over to the hydraulics shop and had them cut all my lines that way they would be perfect length. But that was extremely expensive.
I will go to the local farm store and get the lines I need to go from the front to the rear as it will be MUCH MUCH cheaper and then fab up my brackets to attach them to loader....

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #8  
I ran hoses from the rear to the front on a L5740 that I used for a snowplow and a hay grapple. I had the hoses tucked up and secured and left them on year round. Used it that way for several years before I finally installed a 3rd function. All this took was a trip to a shop to have them crimp some ends on some hose and some baler twine.

I don't see the benefit in running solid tubing. You'll still want to use hoses to connect in the rear in case you want to disconnect for a rear implement, right???

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #9  
If you're intent on running tubing, might as well just use stainless and buy yourself a bender and do it yourself. It's not hard to bend if you have the right tool and pay attention. You might be able to just buy Swagelock straight couplings and 90 degree compression fittings and put it all together with those without needing to bend anything. Tubing and fittings can get expensive fast, but it's an easy option and you don't need a large size or lots of flow so that helps.

/ Wanting to run grapple hydraulics off rear valve #10  
Yes that's what I'm wanting to do. Just curious if anyone knows if there are ready made kits for this or if it's all custom lines (measure, give specific angle info etc)

did u get the hoses custom made somewhere? Hoping I can find a shop/online that essentially has a "kit" of parts ready to go

When you ask about getting the hoses "custom made" . . .

Any hydraulic shop or tractor dealer or equipment dealer can make a hose. You just tell them what size hose you want, how many feet long, and what kind of fittings you want crimped on the end. They'll make it while you wait at the parts counter.

If you go in with the end connectors you intend to use (the quick-connects for both ends), you can just ask them for xx feet of hose to go in between. Then they'll know what type of ends to crimp on (size, male, female, etc.).