Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #11  
I screwed up big time last fall and bought a new JD 3038E with the industrial tire option. I've since started a sportsfield and turf renovation business and the industrial tires are unacceptable. They were a $240 option when I bought the tractor and now they will cost me about $2000!

I believe the tire and wheel size is majorly inportant do to the MFWD. The tire sizes are differant for the turf and industrial tires and I can't find turf tire sizes that will fit on my existing wheels!!

What would be great would be if I could find a guy who got the turf tire option and now wants industrial tires. We could trade. I only have 60 hrs on this machine.

The industrial tires are:

25x8.50-14 4PR front R4 Industrial
15-19.5 4PR rear R4 Industrial

495561_lvb24878_rear_ind_3e.jpg

A SLIM chance, but you might find a golf course that has a similar machine with turfs (bought out of habit/default) that they really want to use for heavier dirt work.
Depends on the course, some hire out everything except mowing.
Any chance you can get a customer list from your dealer, e.g. all tractors sold in the last year or so with that size turfs on ?

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #12  
I have a Landpride CA2560 with the dual 30 gal water tanks. 8 spoons per gang, 96 total. It works fairly well but on soft turf when lifted the tread pattern will be left. You are compacting at the same time as you are aerating to relieve compaction!!!

I'm fixin to give up on finding a trade. I found a guy south of Lexington who wants to buy my wheels and tires. I guess I'll buy new and take the hit.

Are they high end fields or like parks? Im just suprised that they want core aeration on a playing field... Usually they prefer deeptine aeration from a $10,000 machine i cant afford lol. The spikes relieve the compaction and drainage down to like 12-13 inches and improve drainage with no plugs to worry about. Id love to own one, along with a soil topdresser.

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #13  
A fellow in the mississippi farm market has a set to fit a 4710 mounted on rim for $450 bucks surly if you look arround you can find a set

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #14  
beaglegun, I'll send you a PM.

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E
Are they high end fields or like parks? Im just suprised that they want core aeration on a playing field... Usually they prefer deeptine aeration from a $10,000 machine i cant afford lol. The spikes relieve the compaction and drainage down to like 12-13 inches and improve drainage with no plugs to worry about. Id love to own one, along with a soil topdresser.

In Ky I can't see much of a benefit from deep tine aerification. In most places you will tear your machine up because sooner or later you will strike rock at 12". Fescue will never have roots deeper then 3". Compaction is in the top 2" of soil. Where is the water going? In ky water is not soaking into the soil like it does in sandy soils. We have clay soil. Some worse then others. Core aerification relieves compaction, helps to reduce thatch, lets water and oxygen get to the root structure, doesn't compact the soil around the holes as bad as solid tine aerification and it provides valuable topdressing. If customers don't want cores I pull a mat drag over the turf and break them up. They can play the same day.

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #16  
Beaglegun,
Check your e-mail and/or TBN messages.

I think I have some info that could help.

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E
   / Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #18  
Here is what "MIGHT" work out for you.
27x8.5-15 front
41x14.00-20 rear

Here's the "MIGHT" part;

These are factory option R3s on a tractor that has;
19.5x15 rear (same as yours)
27x8.5-15 front (a bit bigger than yours)
as its R4 choice.
Not QUITE what you have at the moment, but could still be within tolerance.
Worst case; you could use the rears and do ...xyz... on the fronts.

You would need to find out if the rolling circumference ratio of these is same/similar to your R4s.
Absolute rolling circumferences don't matter, ratios might - if you use 4WD.
I don't have access to Goodyearag (Now Titan) or Firestoneag web sites right now, but what you want to know is the ratio of the rolling circumference of what you have - and how close the above tires come to that.

So, some figgerin' to be figgered (-:

OTOH, lead/lag may not matter AT ALL for your stated purpose, i.e. lawn/turf work.
If you are always on relatively flat terrain with good traction available you probably never need 4WD anyway, i.e. the fronts freewheel and circumference ratios don't matter.
{Except maybe when climbing onto a wet metal trailer ramp, but for 20 ft or so it likely wouldn't matter}

============================================
An aside question;
How come your tires aren't metric sized ?
Just about everything in tires is now, even Ag tires - with references to closest "old" imperial measurements.
This is a fairly new tractor, right ?
It seems a bit odd - unless your dealer shoved some old stock wheels on it.
Gee, I would take it back and complain on those grounds alone - it might get me a wheel swap (-:
{BTW, while you have those wheels off, can you put R3s on instead ?}

I want to trade my industrial tires and wheels for turf tires and wheels.
I believe only 3038e and 3032e tires and wheels will work.
I only have 60 hour on my tractor.

My tractor is a JD 3038E MFWD with front loader.
The wheels are 6 lug. Front: 14X7 Rear: 19.5X12.25
Industrial Tires. Front: 25X8.50-14 4PR, R4 Rear: 15-19.5 4PR, R4
4 9/16" diameter center hole in front and rear wheels, 3" spacing from lug 1 to lug 2, 6" diameter spacing from lug 1 to lug 4

Turf Tire Sizes For 3038E:
27x8.50-15 4PR Front R3 Turf
41x14.0-20 4PR Rear R3 Turf

Link to tractor specs below
502 640-0186

John Deere products for homeowners: Features for 3038E Compact Tractor (37.1 hp)

/ Wanting To Trade Industrial Tires and Wheels For Turf Tires and Wheels, JD 3038E #20  
No doubt you have solved your issue by now, but I am looking to swap turfs for R4's my unit is a 955, and it looks like a direct swap.

Ironwood