Warm up time

/ Warm up time #71  
My duramax truck sits at low idle for about a minute after starting and then kicks into high idle. Yes you can disable high idle entirely. It kicks back down after it warns up and will kick up and down as necessary.

I'm not aware of any push button mechanical diverter for an oil filter. Push the oil too hard and it will bypass. no way around the realities of physics. And I'm not sure you want oil bypassing the filter on a regular basis if you can simply avoid it by idling until it warms up.

/ Warm up time #72  
My duramax truck sits at low idle for about a minute after starting and then kicks into high idle. Yes you can disable high idle entirely. It kicks back down after it warns up and will kick up and down as necessary.

I'm not aware of any push button mechanical diverter for an oil filter. Push the oil too hard and it will bypass. no way around the realities of physics. And I'm not sure you want oil bypassing the filter on a regular basis if you can simply avoid it by idling until it warms up.

Thanks. I meant bypass the high idle until the oil warms up.

/ Warm up time #73  
It waits about a minute. With 5w40 synthetic oil that's all the engine needs (high idle is 1000rpm). With the routine, the engine and tranny are both warmed) up (160 for the engine and 120+ for the tranny in about 6 minutes starting at zero f.

/ Warm up time #74  
My 2012 John Deere manual for my 2320 clearly states.
IMPORTANT:
To aviod damage in cold weather, run engine for several minutes to allow engine oil and transmission oil to warm up.
warm engine 1/2 throttle for 5 minutes without load.
also
IMPORTANT:
to avoid damage if engine stalls when under load, start engine immediately to prevent abnormal heat build up in engine.

Most people don't consider a transmission when warming up a piece of equipment.
it is very important with a HST transmission. It needs to warm up without load also.
I have always keep my equipment/tools in a heated enviroment 55 F plus.
An insulated attached garage without a furnace will normally be warmer than the outside temps. open the garage door only long enough to pull the car or items you need out.
Tom

/ Warm up time #75  
Can you over ride yhe high idle, can you turn it off? Would want to let it low idle for a few minutes on a -50 morning.

yes, you can overide it. on my truck.. if it's in high idle and I get in it and do anything with throittle or gear shifter.. it kicks to normal idle.

/ Warm up time #76  
Re: Warm up time,

From my Manual:

KUBOTA M8540
OPERATIONS INSTRUCTIONS

STARTING/STOPPING

 Set the transmission parking brake if not engaged, just to the right of the gear shift.
 Depress clutch and place gear selector and HI/LO range in neutral.
 Set the throttle lever at ス position.
 Start engine and release clutch.
 Check 的ntelliChecker dash to make sure there are no warnings.
 Let it run to warm up to operating temperatures. (Check Manual for cold weather starts and warm up periods.
 STOPPING: Allow the engine to idle three to five minutes to allow turbo charger to cool down before turning engine off.

If you only run the engine for a short time or if you are doing mild loader work or something, the cool-down period will be shorter.

Finally had a chance to use my new tractor. I followed your instruction on start up and then proceeded to a simple task of moving a few road apples. Thanks for this advice i would hate to start destruction my expensive tractor(dubbed Pumpkin Power) on the first start up.